Gyno After 6 Weeks Of Topical Finasteride - Help!

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i took the equivalent of 4mg applied topically every day for 6 weeks. I know it's a huge amount and made an error with my volumes. I now have what looks like gyno especially in my right breast. The nipple area is very soft and jelly like. I can push the nipple back in towards the body far more than before. It just feels like there there's flesh 'hanging' that wasn't there before. t've stopped the finasteride. By the way the finasteride also gave me huge amounts of water weight around my lower belly and chest that would mostly subside after a good night's sleep then return again but this may have been due to the high dosage. It's been 2 weeks since i stopped with no real improvement. What can i do?

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was about 1.5 years after quitting a 2 week stint of finasteride before my chest was for the most part back to normal. Per all of the sources I've read it can take anywhere from a few months to 2 years for gyno to subside after quitting the medication that is causing it. Be patient.

If anything this should be a lesson that messing with your hormones can have consequences, I wouldn't rush to take Tamoxifen or anything, just let your body fix the issue.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
1.5 years ! you say do not rush to fix with medication etc but a lot of posters on various forums say that early intervention is the key for recent gyno.

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5 years ! you say do not rush to fix with medication etc but a lot of posters on various forums say that early intervention is the key for recent gyno.

Do what you want to do. My gyno was mild.. but it bothered my because I'm very thin. I wasn't willing to take any other hormone drugs for fear of messing with another part of my body.

Also I was very sensitive to finasteride, I noticed gyno within 2 weeks, your issue might not take as long to regress.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
it's been two full weeks since i stopped (14th April). i ink the gyno is going down or it could just be the fat melting away. since stopping i have got leaner and libido has come storming back. i tell you what, until you try this stuff, go through the mind f***, and then stop....only then do you truly understand what libido is. we go through life not really understanding it until it goes and returns.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
my previous post above proved to be a false dawn. is this the dreaded PFS crash? after feeling great for 3-4 days, and now 1 month since this crash, my gyno has not improved and my libido is shot. endo has put me on 50mg clomid. it worked great for 1-2 days but then nothing.