Gynecomastia Caused By Finasteride .25mg In 16 Days?

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lately i’ve been overly concious about my body after starting finasteride. For last two days i found some 1-2CM lump like stuff immediately above my right nipple.

I started to figure it out, and probably over do it. I ended up hurting myself with pain.

I don’t feel any sensitivity after touching my nipple but this lump is my concern. Is it gynecomastia? If yes then if i quit finasteride, will i be fine?

If i quit finasteride, then what viable option do i have?

Thanks.

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you're feeling lumps get off of finasteride for a month and let your natural DHT destroy it til its gone.
Then resume but you'll have to take some anti-estrogen as well. one 2.5mg letrozole pill once a week.

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you're feeling lumps get off of finasteride for a month and let your natural DHT destroy it til its gone.
Then resume but you'll have to take some anti-estrogen as well. one 2.5mg letrozole pill once a week.

Thanks nick for genuine reply, should i also start lifting weight when i take finasteride to counter estrogen or work out will lead to increased dht?

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks nick for genuine reply, should i also start lifting weight when i take finasteride to counter estrogen or work out will lead to increased dht?

lifting weight won’t make a difference. Ive been lifting and it hasn’t affected anything. Just don’t take other test boosting steroids lol.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got them 2 weeks in @ 0.5 mg.. I continued for a year (fool) and even went up to 1 mg and I have permanent puffy nipples and fat accumulation around them as well (looks like new fat that is whiter than the old one around it). It got better when I finally quit it but I never got rid of it entirely.

If your nipples start getting puffy at all in my opinion unless you want permanent consequences get off that sh*t and forget about it.

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're feeling hard lumps or nodules directly under the nipple and areola that is certainly a sign of development. However, 16 days seems rather soon but everyone responds differently so definitely go check with your Dr if you're concerned.

The lump is at the north of aerola.

Also its not big, and i am sure it’ll go itself. even if it doesn’t then its too small to notice, maybe someone has to dig their fingers.
I maybe a high responder to such a small dose, though the dht blocking for 1MG and .25Mg is almost same.

As of now, i’ve dropped finasteride & will update if i feel any change.

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got them 2 weeks in @ 0.5 mg.. I continued for a year (fool) and even went up to 1 mg and I have permanent puffy nipples and fat accumulation around them as well (looks like new fat that is whiter than the old one around it). It got better when I finally quit it but I never got rid of it entirely.

If your nipples start getting puffy at all in my opinion unless you want permanent consequences get off that sh*t and forget about it.

No you’re not a fool, we are blind sighted with the thought of losing hair & our personality. You just continued for 1 year and realised where as there are so many people taking extreme measures to save their hair.

Thanks for your input buddy, i’ll be more cautious about it. Can you tell me what did you do when you gave up on finasteride? We are still obsessed with hair. Isnt it?

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure you didn’t have this before propecia. Most of us never dig around our chest before finasteride
yup...im sure it's a negative placebo effect taking place...

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure you didn’t have this before propecia. Most of us never dig around our chest before finasteride

yup...im sure it's a negative placebo effect taking place...

Noobs. People f*****g know what parts of their bodies look like if they've been living for 20 years.

They told me that sh*t as well. "Keep going with it". Now I'm stuck with these miniature water balloon nipples.

@Japnicks India You know best what's going on. If you're sure there's something weird happening, QUIT NOW, before you have to take Raloxifene, or even worse, get surgery.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noobs. People f*****g know what parts of their bodies look like if they've been living for 20 years.

They told me that sh*t as well. "Keep going with it". Now I'm stuck with these miniature water balloon nipples.

@Japnicks India You know best what's going on. If you're sure there's something weird happening, QUIT NOW, before you have to take Raloxifene, or even worse, get surgery.

As you said, he knows best what his body looks like. What I mean is that when I was in finasteride, I had puffy nipples (and I still do after 3 years)...
Thing is that I always was a bit fat but once I red that finasteride may cause gynecomastia then my puffy nipples were all of the sudden in my mind caused by finasteride and not my lack of exercise and bad diet.

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of us don't dig our fingers that is true, but you still have a rough idea about your body. Those who claim its a placebo, i feel you're wrong because i was feeling something(not strongly, that slight feeling) around my right nipple (Not sensitivity/pain) thereafter i started to poke my fingers like a stupid and hence increased the pain! The lump is only on my right side,my first impression was maybe its rib cage(dont consider me stupid) and then i started to dig my other nipple.

As you said, he knows best what his body looks like. What I mean is that when I was in finasteride, I had puffy nipples (and I still do after 3 years)...
Thing is that I always was a bit fat but once I red that finasteride may cause gynecomastia then my puffy nipples were all of the sudden in my mind caused by finasteride and not my lack of exercise and bad diet.
@Nostro100 my diet is clean and do yoga/cardio 4-5 times a week. Puffy as in pointed? If so then i had that too, as if i was aroused. LOL!

I am grateful for your sincere advice brother. I've immediately discontinued my medicine, and will monitor my situation. My situation isn't big, its just a lump which won't grow if i stop taking the meds, & it leaves me wondering what next to protect my hair?

I'm thankful to all for your sincere point of view, i'm new to this forum and i'm pretty sure most of you are experienced. All i know that majority has advised to discontinue the drug(temporary/permanently).
ps, i'll update everyone if i find any changes in the lump, if it dissolves/shrinks in a month's time then it'll be clear that it wasn't placebo for sure.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not had gyno problems with RU58841, so that would be something to try.