Gym -> Good or Bad?

G

Is it true that if work out, we stimulate the growth hormone and this generates more DHT?

So, do you recommend to work out or not? or it has no impact at all, in hairloss?

Please serious answers only.

Keep it free of trolls :lol:

Thanks.

drinkrum

Reaction score
For Christ's sake, work out. There is absolutely no shred of evidence positively linking working out and baldness.

D.

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
i have not seen any impact while working out, but dude at least we need to be in shape to get the girls ...lol imagine no hair, plus out of shape. do your work out. you not gona lose anything only gain.

Cassin

Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
Is it true that if work out, we stimulate the growth hormone and this generates more DHT?

So, do you recommend to work out or not? or it has no impact at all, in hairloss?

Thanks.

Good Lord why does this topic keep coming up? We have a whole generation of young men scared to jerk off and workout. Wank off, have sex and get in shape. It will NOT affect your hairloss whatsoever.

Just do whatever you want don't let hairloss effect your life so much.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Cassin said:
GoodGuy said:

Thanks.

Good Lord why does this topic keep coming up? We have a whole generation of young men scared to jerk off and workout. Wank off, have sex and get in shape. It will NOT affect your hairloss whatsoever.

Just do whatever you want don't let hairloss effect your life so much.

It comes up because people want more excuses to not work out or ask chicks out.

D.

Cassin

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
It comes up because people want more excuses to not work out or ask chicks out.

D.

Not 100% sure if sarcasm comes into that reply :), but that is a damn good point that I have never thought of. Proper exercise and approaching women is not easy and excuses run free to avoid it.

venden

Reaction score
If anything, I would think lowering stress, reducing body fat help stabilize blood sugars via exercise would have a positive impact on ones hair. Albeit not enough to stop male pattern baldness.

thiningattop

Established Member
Reaction score
Im no doctor, but around the time i started truely lifting weights on a daily bases is when i also noticed that i was thinning remarkebly fast.

Im not saying that working out will make you lose your hair, its its one hell of a coincidence for me!!!

(i also drastically changed my diet - that may have had somehting to do with it too)

Felk

Reaction score
Intense weight bearing exercise actually can lead to increased testosterone levels. Whether that leads to more DHT in the scalp would be down to the individual, but in general i think it would. Many acne sufferers must balance working out with intense aerobic excercise (which lowers testo levels) because otherwise they complain of breaking out after working out.

The solution, if you're worried, rotate intense endurance training such as running or swimming with your workout. It'll make you leaner as well as more toned, not just bulky :)

Garm1

Reaction score
Felk said:
Many acne sufferers must balance working out with intense aerobic excercise (which lowers testo levels) because otherwise they complain of breaking out after working out.

about acne:
I have mild acne problems in my face, but i don't see any breakout when i work out. I can't see any connection, acne is triggered mostly by bad nutrition(e.g. fats.) and poor washing in the face.
It's surely also genetically oriented( i have oily skin, i can't change that)
but taking care these 2 factors (low fat nutrition and face cleaning) i control the situation very much. And i have very rare breakouts

Gym might produce bigger Dht levels, but the whole benefit for your health is much more big when u work out than when u don't at all.

And if u do workout, don't exaggerate with muscles and body building cause you might have other heart problems later due to incapability of the body to feed all those muscles.

bojangles

Reaction score
Doing cardio definitely causes some acne on my back from all the sweating, even if I usually do it shirtless (I do it at home) and rinse off right away.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
As has been stated, I doubt that any increased hairloss due to exercise would be worth quitting the gym for.

Honestly, if you're going to be losing hair, the best thing you can do is take care of your appearance in all other ways:

1. Care for what hair's left. Get a nice cut/color and be sure it's always clean.
2. Keep your skin clear and clean, and get your teeth shiny and white.
3. Dress in clothes that give you confidence and look good on you.
4. Work on your conversation skills.
5. Hit the gym!! A good physique can make up for a little hairloss. My best friend has thinning hair and a receding hairline and still manages to pick up beautiful women. His secret? He's in great shape, keeps what hair he has shaved (he's been doing that since before he started losing hair), dresses well, and carries himself with confidence.

You could always do what I'm trying: I'm starting a new workout plan soon, and taking care of the hairloss problem with a hairpiece. :) It's the best of both worlds, in my humble opinion.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont know the answer of whether weight training increases hair loss like almost all of us. But I am sure about one thing. After I come back from a wrokout, My libido is at the highest point. I get so horny, I dont know why. I always think that I should be rather tired and wanting to sleep. But ( although I am tired ) but I am so horny. This does indicate rise in testosterone which in turn raises DHT ? Any inputs ?

powersam

Reaction score
isn't acne hormonal? its not caused by not washing your face although nutrition may play a very small part.

CCS

Reaction score
i think a bad physique is a bigger turn off to women than hair loss. a guy can get a way with an inch or two of belly fat if he has some burly arms to go with it. he can also get away with not having cut muscles as long as he is not fat and goes to the gym once a month and has hair. but if a guy is does not have nice arms or a nice body, and is 30 pounds over weight, I'm sure a shaved bald guy with a great body can easily out compete him. if the bald guy's muscles look nice enough, and he does his entire body instead of just his arms, he can probably out do the skiny guy or the guy with the inch of belly fat who have hair. when a woman says she likes bald men, she means that either she can't get an inshape guy who has hair or she can't get one and also have him treat her the way she likes, so she'd rather have a bald guy with muscles than a hairy guy who is skinny or fat.

OK. you guys want to know the answer to the original post? weight lifting does increase testosterone by maybe 5% or less or i don't know, and that probably raises dht by a third that much. But avodart causes dht levels to be 1/3 what they are with propecia, and it regrows only 50% more hair than propecia does. So if you just lift weights and don't run, and you take propecia, you might grow badk 77 hairs per square inch instead of 80. anyone here think the women will notice the 3 hairs and take a giggly man over you? Watch out, i think hairwegoagain said he is fat, and he can women, so he might compete with you. nah, he probably would not think it was a competition.

powersam

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent - working out may raise testosterone but it also has a beneficial effect on glucose control, so any ill effect from that oh so brief testosterone hike would be more than cancelled out by the benefits to controlling insulin levels.

so i'd say it actually has only a positive effect.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
bad nutrition/ not washing face = acne?

NO WAY!!! I had acne for about 5 years and for one of the years all i drank was water and for a while there all i ate was fruits and veggies and still had just as bad acne! Only way i got rid of it was by taking accutane.

So if you got acne, eat up whatever you want cause it will not hurt/help you're face!