Guys that started losing early

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
How old were you when you started, and at what age did you progress to each Norwood scale if you have? Did it stop naturally? Did you halt it? If so, how did you do it? I'm nearly 21, and have been receding since I was 17. I'm not sure where I'm at now (see my other thread) but I suspect it's somewhere between 2.5 and 3V.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds very similar to me. At 17 I was a Norwood 1.5-2. At 19 I was a 2.5-3.0. At 21 I was a solid three. I think the follicare system bought me some time, because from 19-21 when I was using I saw some thickening. But at about 22 it really started going, bascially right when I stopped using follicare. I got a hair transplant by a scumbag doctor(dr.thomas wentland) and it was the worst mistake ever. At 24 I was a solid Norwood 4. Now at 26 Im a diffuse Norwood 6, meaning the pattern is still a NW4, but the hair is just so thin Im basically bald NW6. Now I just buzz with a no guard using a beard/mustache trimmer(they get much closer than a no guard on a normal hair trimmer) and just continue my day, scars and all.

At 22 I used propecia and rogain foam and folligen for a solid two years. I lost more hair in those 2 years then anytime before. About three months after stopping the follicare system I saw my first major shed(about 21.5 years old). I should have never stopped it. Although I wouldn't use it now becuase they put a herb in their new formulation that I am concerned with taking. Then I used propecia and rogaine foam. Literrally, a few days into using rogaine foam, I saw another huge shed. It was all down hill from there.

Now, I am doing the immortalhair regiem as a last ditch effort. Slowly working my way into it. I will give it a solid year, but I am not expecting much.

Good luck.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
At age 14-15 I already had a NW1 no juvenile hairline. Started balding at age 18. NW3 by 20.

Since then the front started slowly thinning along with a small thinning on the entire NW5 area

Aedan

Established Member
Reaction score
started loosing hair at 18 i beleive, possibly 17.... was in denial for a year or two, started treatment over a year a go, minoxidil just, a year later, slow downhill battle, movin into nw3....

I personally beleive 21 is too young to take propecia.. im just guna work my body into a spartan :)

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are lucky in your mishap. When I was affected by hairloss it was the 80's and no real solution was available at that time to slow it down. I started losing very early, around 15. But there was also intense regeneration so this was not really an issue in practice. It was though an indication that something was wrong.

By the age of 21-22 I was still NW1, probably NW2. And then the androgens took off (start of my sex life), although this is what I am saying today; at that time I had no idea. I saw very quickly a difference not only in my hair but also in my skin and face. The hairloss got quite agressive, diffuse to a NW6+ pattern which I reached by the age of 28-29.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
terrapin12 said:
Why did you stop the first time? And what is the new herb in Follicare?

Why did stop: I was in huge debt out of a job and couldnt afford it. Even though now looking back, I should have done everything to keep buying it. But based on how much i lost, a year later I thought I would try "prescription strength" (w/e that means) propecia thinking it would be far superior. I was wrong.

What is the herb: JABORANDI.