Guys, Please Give It To Me Straight!

DiscoingGD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I just want to know what I'm sure lots of first posters on this forum want to know: Am I going bald? So, without ranting, I'm just going to jump into it:

This is me when I was 18 years old. I've always had a slight widow's peak, but plenty of hair.
HL1.jpg

Fast forward 5 years (23) and nothing has really changed, except for maybe a little thinning on the temple, though I hadn't even noticed it then.
HL2.jpg

Fast forward 4 more years (27) and this is me now: A lot of thinning at the temple and very sides of the forehead have receded, as well as a more noticeable nick near the center that makes the hairline look uneven. NO thinning at the crown or anywhere else (except where already mentioned).
HL3.jpg

Top View Present Day. I have no older top views to compare it to.
HL4.jpg

Near present day: Trying to rock the pomp, but even at the best angle, I still notice the thinning near the temples. I have a large head, and that only makes it look larger.
HL5.jpg

Other Info: My father is 65 and has thinning hair now, but he's not bald and it didn't start until his late 40's. His father died with a full head of hair and so did my mother's father, though he had a rather high forehead his whole life. So, with the given information, did I just inherit my grandfather's high forehead or do you think the receding will continue as time passes? Thanks in advance.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i personally don't see hair loss problems..

Did your Mother have hair loss?

Kris89

My Regimen
Reaction score
It appears that you're receding and will continue to do so. I would personally seek out treatment so you can hang on to what you have for the foreseeable future. Thankfully, it looks good, so get onto it asap!

DiscoingGD

My Regimen
Reaction score
i personally don't see hair loss problems..

Did your Mother have hair loss?

It looks like she has developed a bit of a higher forehead now that she's in her 60's, but no thinning or loss elsewhere. I'm glad at least one person doesn't see hairloss problems, but even if my hairline hasn't really receded up much, it has widened. You don't think that alone is cause for immediate concern?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what crime you committed? why is your face hidden?

i dont know if its okay to help a jailbird. :(

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
ideal pattern for a transplant

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like she has developed a bit of a higher forehead now that she's in her 60's, but no thinning or loss elsewhere. I'm glad at least one person doesn't see hairloss problems, but even if my hairline hasn't really receded up much, it has widened. You don't think that alone is cause for immediate concern?

maybe i don't know...

i don't know if this is just a maturing hair line or hair loss.

keep bumping until someone answers.

DiscoingGD

My Regimen
Reaction score
what crime you committed? why is your face hidden?

i dont know if its okay to help a jailbird. :(

Haha with most of the posts I viewed, almost everyone blocked their faces, so I just followed suit. Here's an uncensored pic of me with my hair now when I put it up. I keep the sides covered as best as I can while I give volume to the top to make the forehead look smaller proportionally. It looks okay this way (aside from the choppy hairline on the one side), but it takes almost an hour to achieve this.

14495261_10211147738876455_4205600042442443282_n.jpg

Dench57: Transplant you say? As long as I'm sure it won't get worse than this, I was thinking that might be the best remedy. I'm sure it's rare, but I've read some horror stories about side effects of Propecia, so unless it gets worse, I'm not ready to roll the dice on that.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline was about the same as yours, then when I turned 30 it started to go fast.
(See my age 30 pic in this post https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ggressive-regimens.90671/page-28#post-1420812 )

By 40, it receded a lot more and started getting thin on top. By 50, I was Norwood 5, at 54 I was NW6. Now approaching 55 and with 4.5 months of HRT I've recovered about a full Norwood, to a 5 or better.

If I were you, I'd start taking action, beginning now, to save what you've got.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice! You look really good bro!

g.i joey

Reaction score
Hair is fine how it is now if you can maintain it. Temples are def to deeply receded for a simple mature hairline. As long as your density stays this way I'd hop on finasteride and forget about it getting worst.

DiscoingGD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the responses! It seems that more people than not think that it will continue to recede. After processing what was said and what I've researched, I've concluded the following:

Rogaine would be useless for me as it's not effective around the temples and my crown isn't thinning.

finasteride would probably help, but I'm not ready to try it yet; I've just heard too many horror stories (But will if my hair gets any worse).

Hair transplants only help short term if you don't use treatments and might look funny if my hair were to get worse (and it's expensive).

I've read positive things about scalp massages with Emu Oil. It's cheap enough with no side effects, so it can't hurt to try. Anyone here have any experiences with it?

I'm going to adopt a healthier diet (Less sugars, more vegetables) since I need to lose some weight anyway and it might help hair regrowth.

I will update when results (or lack thereof) become apparent.

Kris89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the responses! It seems that more people than not think that it will continue to recede. After processing what was said and what I've researched, I've concluded the following:

Rogaine would be useless for me as it's not effective around the temples and my crown isn't thinning.

finasteride would probably help, but I'm not ready to try it yet; I've just heard too many horror stories (But will if my hair gets any worse).

Hair transplants only help short term if you don't use treatments and might look funny if my hair were to get worse (and it's expensive).

I've read positive things about scalp massages with Emu Oil. It's cheap enough with no side effects, so it can't hurt to try. Anyone here have any experiences with it?

I'm going to adopt a healthier diet (Less sugars, more vegetables) since I need to lose some weight anyway and it might help hair regrowth.

I will update when results (or lack thereof) become apparent.

I would disagree with a lot of your conclusions.

Rogaine has not been clinically tested on the temple areas and therefore they cannot make the claim that it works. I however have seen several people have success regrowing their temples using rogaine. Therefore, it would be worth trying.

Finasteride would help. If you are going to take it inevitably when your hair gets worse, then why not try it now and save even more hair? I've seen SO many people put off taking it and put off taking it and then they start when they have barely anything left. Then they post 'I had no sides, wish I'd started sooner'. The fact of the matter is, you could start with a small dose and make sure you receive it well. In the event you're starting to see sides, you can ditch the idea and explore other avenues...

As far as I know emu oil is mainly used in the aid of transporting other oils/treatments through the skin. I'm not sure it does anything on it's own? Not something I'd rely on for hairloss that is clearly genetic.

If you value your hair, I suggest finasteride as soon as possible. After you've settled into that, I'd start Rogaine on your hairline.

You might be surprised at your results...