Guys need your opinions on my hair loss

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been fighting from psoriasis and fungal infection and male pattern baldness for abt 7 yrs. Can anyone tell my norwood? I think its NW2.
Starting oral minoxidil just recently.
Is it normal to have somewhat less density and thickness in temples?

IMG_20201228_181521.JPG
IMG_20201228_182746.JPG

Last edited:

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, your hair looks like a NW2 to me, but I take what I say with a grain of salt.

Apparently you're supposed to shed whilst initially taking Minodoxil, so maybe this is the case.

Can I ask why you decided to start taking oral Minodoxil? I'm assuming you've tried topical, but the side effects look so dangerous to me that I'd prefer to lose my hair instead.

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, your hair looks like a NW2 to me, but I take what I say with a grain of salt.

Apparently you're supposed to shed whilst initially taking Minodoxil, so maybe this is the case.

Can I ask why you decided to start taking oral Minodoxil? I'm assuming you've tried topical, but the side effects look so dangerous to me that I'd prefer to lose my hair instead.
Its just been over a week since i started oral minoxidil. Topical minoxidil cause inflammation as i already have scalp issues so i can't use it.
I've been on finasteride over a year and it kinda helped but my psoriasis/seb derm exacerbated hair loss which fortunately regrew just recently after treating my psoriasis (unfortunately its exactly in the balding region)

At one time i even became NW5 but thats because i removed flakes with hair

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks dense at least. Any reason why you don’t grow it out?

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks dense at least. Any reason why you don’t grow it out?
That's a huge compliment since the reason i shaved during the lockdown was due to my scalp flaring up again and i lost most of my hair on top again.
I gave it time to heal and regrow and am properly taking care of inflammation now. Buzzing my hair helps me not worry abt my hair since my exams are coming up. I'll try to grow it out after exams are over

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a huge compliment since the reason i shaved during the lockdown was due to my scalp flaring up again and i lost most of my hair on top again.
I gave it time to heal and regrow and am properly taking care of inflammation now. Buzzing my hair helps me not worry abt my hair since my exams are coming up. I'll try to grow it out after exams are over
Hi

Please would you explain how you resolved the inflammation
Also can state if your scalp is oily ?
Thanks

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

Please would you explain how you resolved the inflammation
Also can state if your scalp is oily ?
Thanks
I apply a few drops of corticosteroid betamethasone dipropionate daily. It shouldn't be used in excess.
Ive started to use coal tar + salicylic acid lotion every 3rd day. It seems to help as well.
And i use keto+zinc pyrothione shampoo everyday.

Yes my scalp gets real oily if i don't shampoo regularly

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply a few drops of corticosteroid betamethasone dipropionate daily. It shouldn't be used in excess.
Ive started to use coal tar + salicylic acid lotion every 3rd day. It seems to help as well.
And i use keto+zinc pyrothione shampoo everyday.

Yes my scalp gets real oily if i don't shampoo regularly
So apparently, we are having the same fuking problem.

My scalp get oily fast within 1 day.

Are you using any anti adrogens, I think it's our best chance to block the sebum production, specially with the new CB or Winlevi

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So apparently, we are having the same fuking problem.

My scalp get oily fast within 1 day.

Are you using any anti adrogens, I think it's our best chance to block the sebum production, specially with the new CB or Winlevi
I use finasteride.
I'm not sure about using topicals man. Most of them use alcohol as vehicle which can cause irritation. And i dont know how to get CB.
I would suggest washing ur hair atleast once a day. The sebum just feeds the malassezia fungus causing seb derm which could exacerbate androgenic alopecia even more

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's that discoloration along the hairline? Is that scarring from wounding, or just the scalp issue you mentioned?

Also, maybe consider some topicals that use KB as a base. I too experienced a worsening of the scalp and hair with PG because of the flaking. I find KB much gentler on the scalp than PG and it washes out so much easier. You could even make your own topical by getting KB solution and mixing in a powderized compound of your choice.

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's that discoloration along the hairline? Is that scarring from wounding, or just the scalp issue you mentioned?

Also, maybe consider some topicals that use KB as a base. I too experienced a worsening of the scalp and hair with PG because of the flaking. I find KB much gentler on the scalp than PG and it washes out so much easier. You could even make your own topical by getting KB solution and mixing in a powderized compound of your choice.
The discoloration is some residual plaques from the problem i mentioned and its not there now. Also when i shaved i shaved the temples at a longer length to give a stronger temple appearance.
I will first give time to my current regimen.
Im still a student so can't afford too many things in my hair loss stack