guys... i need help, can you explain this?

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Hi mates...

I'm hitting 3 months and 3 weeks since i started my treatment... things were going fine up to the mark of 3 months, i was satistfied with the mimimum regrowth I'd has thus far. However since about 3 weeks, I have been shedding like a cat... i'm loosing much hair and i do not know why!! is this normal?? is this gonna last?? I waited 3 weeks hoping that this would stop but so far it's only getting worse :-((((( did anybody experience something like this before... i really appreciate any feedback.

I'm on the big three...

Sol_5

Reaction score
i think every1 has experienced this to different degrees

personally, i shed for around one week every couple of months. 3 weeks shedding sounds a bit excessive

i would add Nizoral 1% shampoo if i were you. that helped slow down my shedding.

any one else have any ideas?

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Sol_5 said:
i think every1 has experienced this to different degrees

personally, i shed for around one week every couple of months. 3 weeks shedding sounds a bit excessive

i would add Nizoral 1% shampoo if i were you. that helped slow down my shedding.

any one else have any ideas?

thanks a lot, that's what i thought, three weeks is a bit much!!!! but i don't wanna make the mistake of stopping everything... i just wanna have a decent explanation. I am using Nizoral 2% (=Terzolin) one day on, two off,...

Sol_5

Reaction score
Ok, so you are using Nizoral already. good

can you see you hair getting visibly thinner as you shed?

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Sol_5 said:
Ok, so you are using Nizoral already. good

can you see you hair getting visibly thinner as you shed?

unfortunately yes!!! the problem is that it's already thin, so you can imagine my state if it gets even thinner...

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
did you start all of these treatments at the same time?

If so, I'm surprised that your shed didn't start way sooner.

- Propecia 1mg per day
- minoxidil 5% twice daily
- Terzolin Shampoo (2% Ket)
- Alpecin C1 Coffeine shampoo daily

They're all pretty standard products - so my first piece of advice would be to tough it out, and ride out the shed.

If the shedding persists for another 2 weeks - 3 weeks, it's time to re-evaluate.

Maybe cut out the propecia for 1 -2 weeks, then go on an every other day dosage - then build back to 1 mg daily.

(Both propecia and minoxidil could induce shedding - so it's tough to say which one is the culprit. I'm pretty sure though that minoxidil sheds come on pretty quickly after beginning treatment - whereas propecia sheds can start anytime)

DaPlaya

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow,

thanks, here some more info: I started with propecia first, one week later i added kirkland's minoxidil... a month later i added nizoral and c1. at around the 3 week mark of starting minoxidil, i had a shed that lasted 2 weeks, but it was not as bad as what i'm experiencing now. One more info that i forgot to mention is that about 3 weeks ago I switched from Kirkland's twice a day, to Lee's 500 in the morning (for the quick drying) and Kirkland's in the evening (but i pretty much doubt that this has anything to do in the play!)... any thoughts!?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
> . . . around the 3 week mark of starting minoxidil, i had a shed that lasted 2 weeks

that sounds like the common / standard (if there is such a thing) minoxidil induced shed. I don't think switching brands had much to do w/ it.

I think (I can't be 100% certain obviously) that your current shed is a propecia induced shed (double-whammy for you brother). There have been stories of guys having sheds years after starting on propecia. Like I said, you should try and ride it out, give it a few more weeks and then re-evaluate. Hopefully - you're in the last week or so of your shed. Normally though (again, if there is such a thing) sheds shouldn't last more than 3 weeks.

DaPlaya

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
> . . . around the 3 week mark of starting minoxidil, i had a shed that lasted 2 weeks

that sounds like the common / standard (if there is such a thing) minoxidil induced shed. I don't think switching brands had much to do w/ it.

I think (I can't be 100% certain obviously) that your current shed is a propecia induced shed (double-whammy for you brother). There have been stories of guys having sheds years after starting on propecia. Like I said, you should try and ride it out, give it a few more weeks and then re-evaluate. Hopefully - you're in the last week or so of your shed. Normally though (again, if there is such a thing) sheds shouldn't last more than 3 weeks.

thanks sounds reasonabe... there 's a difference between the two sheds though. The hairs i was loosing with the first shed (minoxidil related) were thin and mostly unhealthy short hairs. With this shed (thought of to be propecia induced) I'm lossing all types of hairs though mostly still unhealthy, but there are a few stong hairs here and there... does that confirm your theory?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
> . . . I'm lossing all types of hairs though mostly still unhealthy, but there are a few stong hairs here and there... does that confirm your theory?

I'm not the shed expert by any means - but yes, this shed sounds more and more like it's propecia induced.

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
DaPLaya. PLease let us know if this shed ceases.

Monkey

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm shedding like mad 3 months into a treatment (Revivogen), but i'm reading that this is a good sign apparently. Any thoughts on this? Will decent hair suddenly start sprouting from the areas that have shed? This is wishful thinking i reckon, but as a novice here I would really appreciate some thoughts and experiences.

Thanks

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Dick Hyman said:
DaPLaya. PLease let us know if this shed ceases.

I will,... so far it's still the same old sh*t... whenever there's something positive, i'll let you guys know :cry: