Guy On Reddit Had Good Results With Home Made Laser Cap

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine if companies and PubMed studies could take pictures as good as "Guy on Reddit", we could go to the moon :rolleyes:.

Anyway, I'm using a 610-630-670 nm LED for a few months now and it definitely helps slow my hair loss down. It's been shown to upregulate WNT and potentially even release nitric oxide.

Unfortunately I can't say I've had any regrowth but when you can't take anti-androgens every little bit helps. Was losing at a noticeable pace before and now it's slowed down to a crawl. Just looking for that next little thing now to tip me over into maintenance / mild regrowth territory.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Isn't this just longer hair?

At least here people say, that it doesn't work.

Imagine if companies and PubMed studies could take pictures as good as "Guy on Reddit", we could go to the moon :rolleyes:.

Anyway, I'm using a 610-630-670 nm LED for a few months now and it definitely helps slow my hair loss down. It's been shown to upregulate WNT and potentially even release nitric oxide.

Unfortunately I can't say I've had any regrowth but when you can't take anti-androgens every little bit helps. Was losing at a noticeable pace before and now it's slowed down to a crawl. Just looking for that next little thing now to tip me over into maintenance / mild regrowth territory.

What device are you using?

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What device are you using?

This one:
https://lifegivingstore.com/store/Orange-&-Red-Handheld-Device-610nm-630nm-670nm-LGS1-p94507270

Normally the 660 nm wavelength is used in nearly all studies for hair, however I found that either the 610 or 630 nm in this one delivers an additional effect that I don't get from the 660 nm-only lights. I don't know what the other frequencies do; the website of the "Revian Red" product claim that 620 nm releases nitric oxide. Could be bullshit, I don't know.

Can you post your complete regimen?

Not much point - I try things all the time and change them according to if I can tolerate them and if they work. The light is the only thing that stays consistent so far - been using that for around 2 months and it definitely helps slow things down. Unfortunately it's not enough to completely stop it (and I need some regrowth by now as well) so I'm still looking for more sh*t to add. Though as you know anything powerful enough to alter the male pattern baldness process usually causes some side effects or another.

badgenome

Reaction score
If anyone is curious how to build your own device. I actually made one the other day. I'll report back in 2-3 months with pics if I have any results

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, Prof Rodney Sinclair in last AMA was asked about LLLT devices and talked about the clinical trial he was involved with. I have checked the trials and it is a full blown proper double-blind placebo phase 3 trial with ridiculously good results. Of course im skeptical but the results are significantly better than minoxidil and finasteride so it must do something for sure.

They also ran another trial on scalp irritation/pruritus with 100% success ratio in decrease of inflammation with this device.

Honestly I am extremely skeptical about LLLT and even more about this results but this trial is definetely legit, I have money, and im desperate enough to try it so I ordered it.

Expensive af for some stupid red leds and the trial has conflict of interest, ngl. Worst case scenario it should help with my inflammed/sebderm scalp so still worth it.

Screenshot 2022-06-07 165818.png

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used a laser helmet for 5 months kept losing hair its a scam. The results arent even impressive. He never made an update either so im assuming it didnt work out in the end.

Last edited:

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, never expected those results. Very interesting.

Keep us updated
Yeah, I already ordered it from USA to EU, just hope the customs dont f*** me over because its FDA approved medical device and shouldn't send it

honestly I have chronic irritation in scalp since years ago that never resolved and corticoids thin out skin too badly so that would be already a win for me if it really lowers inflammation

i'll update if anything meaningful happens

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used a laser helmet for 5 months kept losing hair its a scam. The results arent even impressive. He never made an update either so im assuming it didnt work out in the end.
Laser caps don’t stop hair loss . I’m wondering if caps would be good to use in conjunction with things tho

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, Prof Rodney Sinclair in last AMA was asked about LLLT devices and talked about the clinical trial he was involved with. I have checked the trials and it is a full blown proper double-blind placebo phase 3 trial with ridiculously good results. Of course im skeptical but the results are significantly better than minoxidil and finasteride so it must do something for sure.

They also ran another trial on scalp irritation/pruritus with 100% success ratio in decrease of inflammation with this device.

Honestly I am extremely skeptical about LLLT and even more about this results but this trial is definetely legit, I have money, and im desperate enough to try it so I ordered it.

Expensive af for some stupid red leds and the trial has conflict of interest, ngl. Worst case scenario it should help with my inflammed/sebderm scalp so still worth it.

View attachment 180994

This study is a joke there’s no way a loser cap out competed dutasteride I officially hate dr sinclair