Gutted!

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
I came out of the bath today & combed all my hair back & you can notice when its soaking wet how fine it has gone on the one side & when i comb it straight down it isn't level on my left side is going pretty fast im not joking its getting worse every few days its really starting to sink in that i AM going bald, i have kinda been half accepting it thinking things will be ok kinda in denial that maybe im not losing hair & its just me overexamaning my hair, but i know 100% that my hair was nowhere near that fine on the one corner & its starting to show a little, i can never bear going bald would rather die, btw i hear about everyone saying take fincar,nizoral,rogaine ect do they actually stop hairloss or regrow because everyone is talking on here as if there going bald but reccommending these things but still seem to be gutted that there going bald, i dont get it if propecia stops hairloss & works wouldn't everyone be chuffed & raving about this product?

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
You do have a point about not everyone ranting and raving about how great these drugs are. I myself think they only work for a select few. I along with countless others are not doing so great in the male pattern baldness fight. I have been on propecia for almost a year now and don't even think I have maintained. In a few weeks I will be posting before and after pics to get everyones thoughts.

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
OMG YOUR GOING TO BE HIDEOUS! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Lets not mess about , your kinda effeminate, thats okay, what ever you wanna be like matey.
Just get on the proven drugs, and see what happens.
God lets hope you dont go bald o my god

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
I am sorry, that wasnt meant to be posted, i aplogise for that

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Over the past year ive actually become more of a fan of Rogaine than Propecia. Propecia slows the hairloss down, but id doesnt really grow much hair. Rogaine can grow you new hair!

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
The big three drugs do some good but it's very limited. They will help you stop your loss from worsening if you're a decent responder but they're not good at reversing the problem. It usually takes hair transplants to reverse the balding process to a degree that other people really notice at a glance.

The drugs just chemically fight against the baldness process, they do not turn it off like a light switch. The faster/younger that you are genetically prone to balding, the less effective the drugs will probably seem to be on you. Same with regrowth. If you're balding so seriously that the drugs can't even fully stop the loss, then common sense says don't bet on any regrowth.

It seems like "the drugs never work" because a website like this attracts the worst/youngest balding guys in the first place. If you test them on 10 random balding guys off the street of all ages, the results are usually not any dramatic regrowth but the loss stoppage is pretty consistent.

Another issue is the finasteride/dutasteride side effects problem. You hear that "the drugs work" and yet so many people are still losing to much hair because a number of people end up quitting/reducing the DHT drugs over side effects. The DHT drugs work beautifully for a much larger percentage of men than the ones who are actually taking them (and at full dosage).

(The fact that Finasteride's side effects are much more common than the official figures is kinda like the fact that the Iraq invasion was mainly done for the sake oil: Everone knows it but they just don't talk about it anymore. The issue is never gonna be factually settled either way, and everyone is just sick of the shouting match that the subject always causes.)

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great post, cal. I totally agree with you. Another thing is that a lot of non-responders (me included) seem to have severe scalp issues, like seborrheic dermatitis that they can't get rid of. I don't think there's much hope of results if you have severe scalp condition.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont think i have any scalp conditions, im just really hoping that finasteride & nizoral, rogaine if needed can keep my hair :dunno: