Guilt for passing on bald gene?

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I stop my sons from waxin' the dolphin so that they won't go bald and become losers.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
You never know how things will work out.

Paternal grandfather is NW1 at 88. My dad didn't start losing his hair until his 40s. He was 21 when I was born and 19 years later he still had great hair. He had no idea that his son would start balding in his early to mid 20s.

Maternal grandfather was balding in his early to mid 20s, his daughter, my mam, likely never gave it a second thought that she might carry the gene and that her sons might be affected... Why would she? It didn't affect her...

I could have a kid and pass on my ****ty genes. Or maybe he'll inherit the right genes from his mother and be okay. It may be partly sex linked, we don't even know. But even if you have a perfect head of hair and don't start losing your hair until your 40s, you can still have bald sons. I think women should be very careful about passing on their ****ty genes to sons. Not sure if men play as an important role here.

- - - Updated - - -

My dad has been amazing for me, give me the baldness gene and also the red-green color blindness gene :whistle:

Your mam gave you the red green colour blindness gene. Your dad gave you a Y chromosome with no complimentary allele

wakka12

Reaction score
Im 20. By the time I even think of having kids Ill be about 35. If I have male sons the earliest he will probably experience balding is about 18, worst case scenario.
Thats 32 years away. If the worst comes to worst it'll be the year 2048 when this occurs. I strongly believe there will be a cure by then, in fact much sooner than that. So no I wont be worrying about passing on baldness genes to any sons I have.

Kian1810

Reaction score
You never know how things will work out.

Paternal grandfather is NW1 at 88. My dad didn't start losing his hair until his 40s. He was 21 when I was born and 19 years later he still had great hair. He had no idea that his son would start balding in his early to mid 20s.

Maternal grandfather was balding in his early to mid 20s, his daughter, my mam, likely never gave it a second thought that she might carry the gene and that her sons might be affected... Why would she? It didn't affect her...

I could have a kid and pass on my ****ty genes. Or maybe he'll inherit the right genes from his mother and be okay. It may be partly sex linked, we don't even know. But even if you have a perfect head of hair and don't start losing your hair until your 40s, you can still have bald sons. I think women should be very careful about passing on their ****ty genes to sons. Not sure if men play as an important role here.

- - - Updated - - -

Your mam gave you the red green colour blindness gene. Your dad gave you a Y chromosome with no complimentary allele

Ahhhhh, well both of my parents suck then!