Guide On How To Use Minoxidil Properly?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, where can I find a guide or instructions on how to use Minoxidil foam from Kirkeland in the proper way?

If you google "how to use minoxidil foam" you'll get a load of results, text and video.

Cmon dude.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don’t need a guide just put it on scalp.
It barely works in best circumstances.

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

if you'd ask *me*, the best way to apply minoxidil foam is to liquify it first (fill the bottle's cap about half full of foam, then hold the cap into some hot water until the foam melts). Then take a syringe with a blunt needle and use it to apply the liquified foam directly to the scalp, where it has the most effect (using it that way ensures that as little foam/liquid as possible is being caught in the hair). Works very well that way.

Regards
Kaus Klinski

WantHairRegrowth

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the link from Mayoclinic it says the following: "Use your fingers to spread the foam over the hair loss area and gently massage into your scalp."
For how long should I massage it into my scalp?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling is a must with minoxidil these days, what i do is wet my hair dermaroll for a couple of minutes, apply minoxidil foam then dermaroll for another minute or so. Seems to work okay for me.

Last edited:

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

if you'd ask *me*, the best way to apply minoxidil foam is to liquify it first (fill the bottle's cap about half full of foam, then hold the cap into some hot water until the foam melts). Then take a syringe with a blunt needle and use it to apply the liquified foam directly to the scalp, where it has the most effect (using it that way ensures that as little foam/liquid as possible is being caught in the hair). Works very well that way.

Regards
Kaus Klinski

I've often thought about doing this. How have your results been since doing this? Better than liquid or straight foam?

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't say anything about the results, I wear my hair really short, so it shouldn't make any difference, because in both ways the foam reaches the scalp easily, but in general, a liquid is easier to apply directly to the scalp rather than getting caught in the hair where it won't do any good. Recently, I liquified a whole can of Rogaine foam at once (I have it in a glass bottle now), makes it a lot faster to apply because there is no need to liquify every single portion of the foam prior to each application. It behaves just like liquid Rogaine, but without the skin irritation from the high propylene glycol content in the Rogaine liquid. In fact, the only reason I'm using the foam instead of the liquid in the first place is an issue with scalp irritation.

regards
Kaus Klinski