Guidance on routine

portlycapybara

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I started losing my hair in my earlier 20s, and I have been taking 1mg of finasteride daily since I was 22. I've tolerated the medication well and have yet to experience side effects, and I thought it had done well to stop the recession. I should also note that finasteride is the only intervention I've tried -- I have never used minoxidil or microneedling.

I'm now 25. I haven't been great at taking pictures to objectively track progress, but today I was curious, so I decided to take updated ones. And comparing them to some that I took approximately 2 years ago, it appears to me that I've actually worsened a bit.

Here is a picture of my hairline I took around 2 years ago.
IMG-3503.JPG

And here is a picture I took today, attempting to replicate the same angle
IMG-3505.JPG

To me, it appears that there's been progression of the recession with more hair miniaturization. Is anyone noticing this as well?

Here are a few other photos I've taken today from different angles:
IMG-3506.JPG
IMG-3504.JPG
IMG-3507.JPG

And here is a photo of my hair at rest

IMG-3508.JPG

I think I am going to attempt to start topical minoxidil and dermarolling, but I wanted to get advice from this forum before starting. Do you think adding those would be beneficial? What are your thoughts? I don't think I'm at the stage where I should consider a transplant yet, but I have started to look into it for future me. All help is appreciated.

thanks

Hephaistos1002

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be beneficial but the change between the pictures is so minime that i think you will keep your beautiful hair for a long Time. well done !

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually thinks it looks slightly better. I agree with the former poster - you will probably maintain for quite some time with this regime! Adding minoxidil could be an option when things start to go downhill again.

portlycapybara

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually thinks it looks slightly better. I agree with the former poster - you will probably maintain for quite some time with this regime! Adding minoxidil could be an option when things start to go downhill again.
Subjectively I always thought I had made some progress around 1.5 years after starting the medicine, but I'm not sure anymore. Which is why I wanted to get other perspectives.

I know the change, if it all, is probably not perceptible to others, but it was weighing on my sanity these past few days

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
All of those are likely to help in general but restoring hair lost near the temples is very difficult. Most meds work better in the crown.