Growth stimulants and dead hair follices

Dior76

My Regimen
Reaction score
When is it too late too start growth stimulants like Minoxidil or prp? Is it too late at norwood 5 or if someone is slick bald at norwood 6?. I'm already on finasteride (month 2) but are left with fine invisible hairs only so My scalp is visible. I'm considering stopping meds and get a hair system or go HRT route feminizazation. I'm Currently a norwood 5. My hair stopped growing months ago. Does it vary from person to person when the hair follicles go dead/inactive and unable to grow hair Even if i start using treatments??. Heard it could take years.

Attachments

• IMG_20210614_091212.jpg
    IMG_20210614_091212.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20210614_091240.jpg
    IMG_20210614_091240.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 122

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, go for it. Unless you are a hyper responder you wont get insane regrowth but you can definitely thicken and reverse that entire tuff at the front if you're lucky. Just use minoxidil with dermarolling, forget PRP.

I don't think your follicles will be "dead" if you did very aggressive treatments like HRT, follicles don't die, they just get calcified/fibrosis after a good while after they stop growing healthy hair, but this period seems to be years for most people. I would just go for minoxidil before doing anything drastic, but a system could work as well if you want to ditch the drugs.