G

Vortex, I have one word for you! Weight training. OK that is two! :laugh:

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
OK! OK!

I get the picture :lol:

I am going to join the gym behind my place this week.. Its called "Six-50"

Dunno if the gym is any good but it looks nice and I can only do so much resistance training at my apartment's workout room.

Today is my day to do the elliptical machine. I'll kick my *** on that thing and then lift weights.

My free weight bench press is so sad. I used to be able to squat 500, clean and jerk 250(with straps) and bench press 260. Now I think I can get 185 up on the benchpress if I strain lol

G

Suggestion.

Swap sequence and do weights first. Then cardio. Data suggests this will work better.

Also, watch for overtraining. Like Cardio six days a week and weights 3 is likely too much.

:rockon:

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a go, Bruce. Going to check into the gym today. Had a good lift yesterday. Also, I've been taking L-Carnitine and CoEnzymeQ10. Dr. Atkins states that these 2 nutrients are most effective at jumpstarting fat metabolism. I've lost 5lb this week!
:laugh:

G

vortex72 said:
I'll give it a go, Bruce. Going to check into the gym today. Had a good lift yesterday. Also, I've been taking L-Carnitine and CoEnzymeQ10. Dr. Atkins states that these 2 nutrients are most effective at jumpstarting fat metabolism. I've lost 5lb this week!
:laugh:

Way to go. Best of luck!

:lol:

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Welp, joined the gym and been doing weights first, then cardio.

I'm sore as a mothaphucka gawd damn! My upper is ok because I been working it out off and on but my lower body is screaming from the 3 sets of squats I did!! It's a good kind of sore but Jesus I feel crippled!

The personal trainer I spoke with wants to put me on a 4 day split where I do weights/cardio 4times a week with the weights first only working each muscle group 1 day a week. This seems a bit low to me but this guy is in shape so its hard to decide. I've always done the big exercises like squats/bench/militarypress and done a full body workout 3 times/week. This guy says if you fully kill a particular muscle group, you only need to workout each group once a week. Like he has me doing nothing but chest and shoulders one day etc.

what u guys think?

He told me to "do whatever I'm doing" for a couple weeks till the soreness goes away and then try his plan. Right now I'm just doing upper body/cardio then lowerbody/cardio 4days/week.

I also took a "fitness assessment" before starting at the gym. I did above average on most everything like the grip strength, heart rate recovery, flexibility etc(thanks to the exercising i've been doing). I was POOR on the bodyfat percent though :(

BTW, I've lost around 35-40lbs at this point.

G

Vortex

My main question is, what outcomes are you looking for. Training is very very specific. So, the answer to the question, " I want to look huge, strange, and not be able to scratch my back" would yield one type of training.

Another outcome such as, " I want to add fully functional, strong and flexible strength" would yield another type of training.

Here's a hint, the once a week therory is good to make your muscle look like it can function well. And that is about it!

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
I just wanna be like the HULK!

XL

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I put up a set of 4 at 205lb on the flat bench with no spot help! :rockon:

Thats not super impressive for a muscle head but its pretty damn good for me since my chest was a wall of flab 3months ago :freaked2: :freaked2: