Growth after the 6 month mark?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most hair transplant patients exp alot of growth after 6 months but there are many who dont.

I know it's subjective but at 6 months will more hairs pop up or for the most part or all the growth you are going to get shows at 6 months and only characteristics such as diameter size change from this point on?
I would just like a few opinions or vicarious experiences shared.

Thanks! :)

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looking good, I am 7 months and 1 week after my hair transplant. Crazy thing I looked better one month before than now. I hope that I get the remaining grafts growig in soon.

G

techprof,

You have more coming. The re-growth period can be illustrated best on a bell curve. Most patients see the growth really kick in between the fifth and eighth months. You can still have a few sprouts coming through at nine months post-op.

Caliper maturation visually manifests by fifteen to eighteen months post-op. Some docs are of the opinion that it can take as long as two years or so. Remember, the degree of one's coarseness (caliper) is the single most critical factor in attaining the illusion of coverage.

So even once you hit 12 months post-op, most have not yet realized the full potential of visual coverage. And that's why I am also more orientated for patients to give enough time between their procedures. Why pay more than one needs to in order to reach your goal?

Tech, my premonition is that overall, you're pleased with your results so far right? :hairy: