Growing hair out after transplant (FUE)

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently (9 days ago) got a 2200 graft transplant on my hairline / temple area. The donor area was shaved of course but the rest of the hair was left as it was. Now I want to start growing it out but I'm worried that it will look silly because the natural hair and transplanted hair will look two completely different lengths?

What would be the fastest way to grow it out without it looking silly? Can I start now and then over time the transplant will start to look natural or do I need to wait for the transplant to grow in and then cut it all to the same length? Because that will take forever and I'm in impatient!

Thanks all

Adam124

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I don’t think many on this forum have had a hair transplant . There are more forums out there that cater to this kind of thing.

Hope you get the answer to your question !

Justmaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently (9 days ago) got a 2200 graft transplant on my hairline / temple area. The donor area was shaved of course but the rest of the hair was left as it was. Now I want to start growing it out but I'm worried that it will look silly because the natural hair and transplanted hair will look two completely different lengths?

What would be the fastest way to grow it out without it looking silly? Can I start now and then over time the transplant will start to look natural or do I need to wait for the transplant to grow in and then cut it all to the same length? Because that will take forever and I'm in impatient!

Thanks all
Hi there,

The transplanted hair will go through the following usual phases: it will firstly fall off after a period of couple of weeks; then the new hair will begin to grow. You will see results in the 4-6 month period with the full effect from 12-18 months. Hence, you can either trim the other remaining hair and wait for all to grow or be prepared for the front to fall off then grow slowly.

best of luck
Thanks

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, most of the scabs have gone now but I’m not sure what to make of the density. Does this look normal? Doesn’t look like what I would have expected from 2200 grafts. And also the left side looks less dense than the right. What do you guys think?

4FF4CD90-CA2E-4E33-BB9A-1E4F70FF01ED.jpeg
759E306C-1BC4-4375-A497-292463266CFE.jpeg

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is going to to look stellar once that grows in - looks like the Doctor completely filled all areas. Very nice!

There will be no way to hide this grow in unless you cut down pretty short your existing long hair in a few months which you probably don’t want to.

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is going to to look stellar once that grows in - looks like the Doctor completely filled all areas. Very nice!

There will be no way to hide this grow in unless you cut down pretty short your existing long hair in a few months which you probably don’t want to.
Thank you! I wasn’t sure about the density because there seems to be some big gaps between the grafts but I’m not sure.

I think I’ll just wear it as a messy fringe for a few months and let it grow under that. That’s how I’ve been wearing it anyway to hide my hairline haha

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So what did the doctor say about your remaining center hair and if this ever thins out - will you just transplant that area also? How old are you?

wellheweare456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what did the doctor say about your remaining center hair and if this ever thins out - will you just transplant that area also? How old are you?
I’m 24. I’m on finasteride and minoxidil. But if the rest thinned out despite that then yes I would get a second transplant further down the line

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, most of the scabs have gone now but I’m not sure what to make of the density. Does this look normal? Doesn’t look like what I would have expected from 2200 grafts. And also the left side looks less dense than the right. What do you guys think?

View attachment 182905View attachment 182906
I’m always a big advocate of implanting the temple points too, makes a massive diff

WilliamTgs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations on your recent hair transplant! It's natural to feel a bit anxious about how your hair will look during the regrowth process. In terms of growing out your hair, I would recommend consulting with your hair transplant clinic in Florida for personalized advice. They can provide guidance on how to best care for your transplanted hair during the early stages of regrowth.

Last edited:

Stalker14

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how your hair looks now. I had a transplant 1.5 years ago, using the no-shave method, on about the same area as yours, but 1200 grafts. I had medium length hair, and after the transplant, I didn’t cut it for almost a year, and then I just trimmed it a bit. Now I have grown long hair, and only a few months ago it began to look good, although the transplanted hair is still not long enough, and the density is clearly insufficient. In your case, the result should be perfect, 2200 grafts are just what you need for such an area.