grinja's story

Reaction score
Five years ago I had a perfect head of thick black curly hair, I was 26. Then after a couple of years I noticed the curls were a bit looser, not as tight. Hormones, I thought, I can live with that, I still have plenty of hair. Well my hair got looser until I go to the hairdresser and she uses "thinning hair shampoo" on me. What?!? Denial. Then in the last 8 or so months I noticed a lot of hair coming out in the shower.

Didn't help probably that I was extremely stressed. My wife eventually let me know just how bad it looked on top, so I did heaps of online research and here I am. I started by taking Saw Palmetto as it is supposed to be a good DHT blocker, although unproven clinically. So this has been going on for a month. Mainly I am just thinning out on top from front to back, there is very little or no hairline recession.

I have also started drinking green tea and eating pumpkin seeds, all which is supposed to be good for blocking DHT. Nightly I apply a teaspoon of 3 drops rosemary oil with Evening Primrose Oil and some Grapeseed oil carrier. EPO is supposed to contain lots of gamma linoleic acids which is a great DHT blocker, hoping it works well topically.

As you can see I have not gone for the propecia option yet, preferring to look into other more natural ways. I went to a dermatologist today, he was next to freaking useless, hadn't even heard of Saw Palmetto but gave me a prescription for Propecia anyway. He said that minoxidil would help but often can lose even more after you stop using it which has turned me off the idea a bit.

Tomorrow I will get some American Crew copper peptide spray to complete my regime. I will post back so you guys can find out how my regime goes.

I also seem to be losing about 60-70 hairs a day (that I can tell), hoping this will come down eventually after a few months. My father had thinning hair since he was in his thirties but he always seemed to do well with the ladies, so I remain hopeful!!!

Reaction score
grinja's story continued

Something I have had done today is I started to have my mercury amalgum fillings removed by a dentist experienced in this sort of procedure. Studies have shown that amalgum fillings are toxic and detrimental to long term health, and that one effect can be HAIR LOSS, possibly through interaction of mercury with selenium and zinc which are necessary for healthy hair.

There is a lot of information on mercury amalgum toxicity and removal on the net. Show us your pearly whites :D

Whammy

Reaction score
ok first off I'd check this forum out on the whole saw palmetto thing. I can't say for certain but I don't think people have gotten great results. Right now the big thing for inhibiting DHT on the scalp is spironolactone. I'd get on Propecia, or Proscar right away. If you're deathly afraid of side effects then cut the propecia dose in half. It's still pretty effective with the power dose for inhibiting DHT. You should also get Nizoral to keep your scalp healthy and use it every 3 days. What your Dr. said about minoxidil according to studies is not true... at least not totally. What has happened is when people stop they may fall below in hair total to those who hadn't started minoxidil in the first place from a big shed, but their hair levels will soon after come back to normal and be the same as those who hadn't started.

Reaction score
Well I seem to be shedding more hairs, around 70 a day from pillow and shower. More on the pillow, and lots of them are thin short hairs whereas most of my hair is long and black. So possibly I am going through some sort of shed since I have been going on my regime for just over 2 months.

Also, noticed tonight that I was able to easily pluck quite a few hairs from my temple, just in front of the top of my ear where your sideburns start.

What's with that?? These areas aren't even DHT sensitive.....

Adding grapeseed extract tablets to my regimen, want to apply it topically so I have to try and dissolve it up.

Major part of my regime includes topical application of Evening Primrose Oil, which has lots of gamma linoleic acid in it which is supposed to be a great inhibitor of DHT. Just hope the crap is being absorbed by my scalp. Here's to self-experimentation. :wink:

Since starting to lose hair I've noticed just how common hair loss is in this country. Heaps of guys at work have lost lots of hair, one guy I know is 22 and has lost most on his crown and vertex. Makes me feel thankful I lasted this long. Even noticed some girls who have thinned out hair, although its harder to notice due to them wearing it long.

Style

Reaction score
grinja the ninja said:
Well I seem to be shedding more hairs, around 70 a day from pillow and shower. More on the pillow, and lots of them are thin short hairs whereas most of my hair is long and black. So possibly I am going through some sort of shed since I have been going on my regime for just over 2 months.

Also, noticed tonight that I was able to easily pluck quite a few hairs from my temple, just in front of the top of my ear where your sideburns start.

What's with that?? These areas aren't even DHT sensitive.....

Adding grapeseed extract tablets to my regimen, want to apply it topically so I have to try and dissolve it up.

Major part of my regime includes topical application of Evening Primrose Oil, which has lots of gamma linoleic acid in it which is supposed to be a great inhibitor of DHT. Just hope the crap is being absorbed by my scalp. Here's to self-experimentation. :wink:

Since starting to lose hair I've noticed just how common hair loss is in this country. Heaps of guys at work have lost lots of hair, one guy I know is 22 and has lost most on his crown and vertex. Makes me feel thankful I lasted this long. Even noticed some girls who have thinned out hair, although its harder to notice due to them wearing it long.

yea that is weird, ive been able to pluck out lots of hairs on one side of the sideburns, why is that...i think im sorta like your situation, but im only 20

Petchsky

Reaction score
I noticed a few months back how the hair near your ears comes out so easily. I think its just weak hair as mine still comes out and my hairloss has ceased, but it definately makes you wonder