Greetings, New User Hair Loss Treatment Log

Wallygator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I just created this account to share my story and keep a log of my hair loss treatment journey.

I'm 33, I started loosing my hair about 10 years ago, and decided to do something about it 2 month ago as I started to see my scalp on pretty much all the top of my head.

My regimen has been minoxidil 5% 1ml twice daily. My scalp has been itching since then and I've added a ketoconazole shampoo a few days ago to cope with the itching - i read somewhere that it could help with minoxydil ichting. So far no relief

Attached is a two month progress picture, made some progess on my picture focus ability but overall seems to be going in the right direction.

I feel less bothered with my hair loss when I keep my hair short, should help with the topical treatment as well

For the next step I'm looking into RU58841 solution and on topical finasteride solution.

I won't go with oral finasteride in fear of side affects (I don't want to elevate my estrogen levels and mess with my libido)

DualGen-15 NO PG Plus from minoxidilmax seems a good candidate, topical finasteride 0.1% with 15% minoxidil, any though on this regimen ?

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_20190506_165244.jpg
    IMG_20190506_165244.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 415

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
looks great, seems like you are responding very well to your current medication.

keep it short, and i would stick to the 5% solution you use now for at least 4 more months. if it works, why change to something more expensive?

Wallygator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feedback, It makes sense to stick to this regimen while it works. When I hit a "plateau" I will switch to another product.

Regards,

Wallygator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update, I changed my regimen because the itching was unbearable.

I replaced the minoxidil 5% topical from "Basic care" with minoxidilmax DualGen-15 NO PG Plus + and Kirkland minoxidial foam.
As soon as I switched the itching was gone. Seems like I cannot support the propylene glycol.

As an added benefit minoxidil max product got topical finasteride, I know it goes systemic but I do not seems to suffer from any side effect.

Attached a progress picture, I'm quite happy with the results so far

Regards,

Attachments

• inCollage_20190718_165029278.jpg
    inCollage_20190718_165029278.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 244

Danny-kins

My Regimen
Reaction score
As an added benefit minoxidil max product got topical finasteride, I know it goes systemic but I do not seems to suffer from any side effect.

Oh nice luck! If I add too much by accident or do more than once a day, the Mino gives me a headache x_x;;

it looks like you're getting some nice response though! :D