Green Tea, good or bad?

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read about recent studies wich found that Green Tea raised DHT conquering many beliefs that it was possible the most beneficial tea for hair loss. However, while on Green Tea I didn't really notice any shedding or thinning hair. Japanese and Chinese drink a lot of herbal tea like Green Tea, they still have full heads of hair. So I am confused to whether Green tea is beneficial for hair or not...

Right now I am drinking Black Tea, however the caffiene in it is making me worry whether or not to drink it too much. What are your views on Green Tea?

Good or bad?

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to growth/loss as mines remained consistent. However there is a difference to my itchy/oily flaky gross white buildup I get on my scalp. It's only anecdotal of course, plus I drink black tea and red tea daily as well. So it could be any one of those that has the effect.

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
I drank it alot, then switched to white tea to be safe. I like the taste better and its supposed to have more antioxidants etc.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It doesn't make a difference in terms of male pattern baldness but no harm drinking it for the antioxidants.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I don't go near it, but other people seem to think it's ok...

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
I drink green tea everyday for the last 2 years. Two bags (1.75 g each) for a liter of water. Cant say if it helps my hair but I think definitely helped my weight control and physically I feel better.

Hairometer

Reaction score
If you guys want the maximum effect from green tea (for whatever purpose), don't brew the tea, but consume green tea powder instead. You can get this from your local Japanese/Korean/Chinese grocery store. They use it to make green tea shake & ice cream. The powder is made from pulverized WHOLE green tea leaves. In other words, you will be consuming the entire whole leaves, not just whatever ooze out from it during brewing. Also, hot water tends to destroy certain nutrients, hence another reason to go the powder route.