Green tea dosage

jacques20

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been adding to my regimen green tea capsules for 10 days. I'd like to know what dosage is recommended? I'm actually taking naturland vegecaps, each one contains 380mg of green tea and they advice to have 4 each days (but it is the recommended dosage for slimming regimens).
An anybody help me?
Do you have prefered green tea capsules?
Thanks in advance.

MeMyselfandI

Reaction score
I am curious about this as well. When using green tea..I am guessing you purchase green tea extract in pill form?? I know theres probably no known recommended usage but does anyone have any suggestions?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you go to http://www.hairloss-research.org they tell you that 300mg or more of catechins a day. So if one were to drink green tea that would be 6 cups or more. It would make sense to just drink it throughout the day or take the green tea extract capsules throughout the day.

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
What exactly does green tea do for the hair? Is there any evidence that it actually helps?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jude said:
What exactly does green tea do for the hair? Is there any evidence that it actually helps?
It is suppose to inhibit 5 alpha reductase type I and could also be an androgen blocker. It is also supposed to inhibit TNF-a which has something to do with the immune system response to reject the follicle and treat it like a foreign body. You can do a search for green tea extract and you can visit http://www.lipoxidil.com and http://www.hairloss-research.org to learn about it as well.

G

leafy plants have a large surface area (lots of area for pesticides/herbicides to sit on), so I always go for organic green tea.

I drink a couple of buckets a day

MasonMan

Reaction score
I drink two cups of green tea every day, then once a week, I use a cup of green tea in the shower as a kind of pre–wash for my scalp. This has been part of my regimen for the last year and I believe that it's helped to minimize my shedding.

Green tea is a big part of the Japanese diet and you know that most men in that country have strong, thick hair. Of course, I realize there are many factors that influence this - genetic being the most important - but the regular intake of green tea might have some influence.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Isn't green tea anti-angiogentic? That's probably not good for male pattern baldness..

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
Isn't green tea anti-angiogentic? That's probably not good for male pattern baldness..
What does anti-angiogentic mean? Do you mean anti-androgen. An anti-androgen would be very valuable tool for hairloss, kinda like spironolactone or flutamide or other anti-androgens.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Antonio said:
You can do a search for green tea extract and you can visit http://www.lipoxidil.com

Be careful!

http://www.lipoxidil.com is a swindle!
Yes, I do agree that some of there products are kinda ify. Kinda makes you wonder why more people are not trying them. They probably feel the same way. But, green tea internally sounds pretty useful. If not the tea then the extract(pill form). Very good health benefits from what I've heard and read. Have you tried lipoxidils products before?

Antonio

Reaction score
Sorry.... I don't understand the American slang... what do you mean for "kinda ify" ? :p

I think liposomal spironolactone is not a real spironolactone; it has an exorbitant price ( 52,95$ for 24 gr.), and I had no benefits while I was using it.

Unfortunately the admin of the italian hairloss website sells it under the counter, and he always says he is happy with liposomal spironolactone! :freaked:

Dutasteride and fina lotion are not proven to be effective, t-flav is a mystery; I think lipoxidil.com only wants to earn good money! :-x

Green tea is useful but not in the shape of a pill, but in its natural form.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Antonio said:
Sorry.... I don't understand the American slang... what do you mean for "kinda ify" ? :p

I think liposomal spironolactone is not a real spironolactone; it has an exorbitant price ( 52,95$ for 24 gr.), and I had no benefits while I was using it.

Unfortunately the admin of the italian hairloss website sells it under the counter, and he always says he is happy with liposomal spironolactone! :freaked:

Dutasteride and fina lotion are not proven to be effective, t-flav is a mystery; I think lipoxidil.com only wants to earn good money! :-x

Green tea is useful but not in the shape of a pill, but in its natural form.
If something sounds ify it means that it may or may not be. Basically, wish in one hand and sh*t in the other. If something is ify to work then that would mean that it either will work or it won't. Know what I mean now?

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
"IFfy" Two F's.

Means having an unclear outcome. Can't be sure of. Lol.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Teetering on the edge said:
"IFfy" Two F's.

Means having an unclear outcome. Can't be sure of. Lol.
That's absolutely right! For some reason I couldn't think of the right words. The 15% minoxidil must be frying my brain.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I've been driniking green tea for a long time. It hasn't has the slightest effect on my hairloss...good or bad....But it tastes good :)