Green Tea As A Hair Loss Treatment: A Myth?

AlexieJ

Reaction score
I don't think it would do much on its own...but part of a healthy diet/exercise regimen it might help.

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score
Even if green tea did anything to help hair loss it would probably only be like 1% of what any traditional treatment such as finasteride/dutasteride or minoxidil would do.

chinese people drink tons of green tea and I've seen many bald or balding Chinese men and women

If you have Oily Hair and take a good quality of Green Tea (Spring Valley) it works als PGD2BLOCKER.

Plus a Second PGD2BLOCKER Grapeseed oil from Now,

then you will have very good results.

Anyway for Dry Hair it doesn't works.

pratyush

Reaction score
Green Tea

Green Tea is more than just green liquid. This includes improved brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer and many other incredible benefits. Green tea also has small amounts of minerals that are important for health . Green tea contains antioxidants which prevent hair loss and boost hair growth. it helps control split ends, soften your hair, and strengthens your hair follicle. This is very effective home remedy for hair loss.

sfonseka

Reaction score
Studies have indicated that green tea can reduce the possibility of tooth decay by neutralizing bacteria in the mouth. As all the causes of hair loss are not yet known, it may be feasible that a scalp rinse in warm green tea could destroy fungal or bacterial parasites that may not be diagnosed.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
epigallocatechin gallate only inhibits TYPE I 5 alpha reductase, not the type 2 predominently expressed in hair follicles.

pgain

Reaction score
Anything that have vitamins and other 'good' stuff in it can prevent hair loss, however, it has so little effect that doesn't matter any more, you will not lose 100 hair, but 99

oklodhi

Reaction score
I drank green tea for years. Did nothing to my hair except causing excessive dryness in my body.

j121walker

Reaction score
I never read about anything on the internet about the green tea benefits over hair health. Totally disagree with that.

Faith11

Reaction score
People only talk about taking green tea orally. But it is the topical green tea which has been shown in couple of studies to reduce the DHT level quite significantly.

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Faith11 just nailed it, TOPICALLY ! I cannot stress this enough, you gotta go topical with anything. Everybody is trying to solve their hairloss internally....that's a long hard fought battle. Hit it directly at the site man. Here are some guesses I have about 99% of hairloss sufferers.

1) I bet none of them experiment with a topical application, (SawPalmetto, GreenTea, Oils, B6,Zinc, AzaliecAcid, whatever else)

2) I bet none of them try LLLT

3) most of them always think negative

4) even if they try something they don't give it an honest lengthy try

I'm always up to try new things, because then I can rotate my regime, to change it up. I'm going to research more on the GreenTea. Perhaps put it into a bottle as a pre-rinse before shower, who knows. Anything extra can help. When somebody gives their experience or idea on this forum, I look into it.

I keep hearing people saying "show pix or I don't believe", then i'll show my pix then they say "those pix are fake". So its whatever. I think Saw Palmetto and Green Tea has a place, and id like to see if their is a way to effectively apply them topically.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Green tea and coffee make it hard to absorb iron...so for some who have hair loss that is accelerated from low ferritin or low iron its not great to have when taking supplements or eating to absorb iron. I think its the tannins but not sure. (my hair loss seems to be triggered by low ferritin according to my Dr.)

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I feel green tea give me an high libido and sex drive, i think it boost testo levels . There are a lot studys, some says it decrease testo and others that increase.
In my opinion it can suppress testo in larger doses but in small dose it raises testo levels.

TanbarkBells

My Regimen
Reaction score
Green Tea has powerful antioxidants in it. So if you're someone whose hair loss is caused by toxic blood then maybe Green Tea can contribute