Green Sweat with Toppik

Terex

Reaction score
I have been using Toppik for a couple of years now (Im 27) it works well; however recently when I am playing football or doing strenuous exercise I begin to sweat and the sweat from my scalp turns green. This is from the Dark Brown Toppik I use.

Is there anyway to combat this or any other type of fibre concealer I could use that doesnt turn green when I sweat.

Many Thanks

metalheaddude

Reaction score
lol never heard of that happening before!

Maybe you're really an alien and not human or something....Kodos from the simpsons would have green sweat i think :woot:

Seriously though. I have no idea man. But it doesnt sound healthy....Just apply it after the game.

kodos.gif

Terex

Reaction score
lol.
I would apply it after the game but kind of defeats the point of having full head one time and the next going bald.

This is bound to have happened to someone else.

Also a funny thing, there is a slight prurple tinge of my hair after applying the topik. anyone else get this? Or am I just getting dud bottles shakers of it?

izzy

Reaction score
It happened to me, too! I was filming a bit part in a movie last summer. The scene took place on an athletic field in the Deep South, temperatures near 100. I didn't apply topic that morning, but some remained from the day before. My hair was pinned up under a hat, so I didn't expect a problem. Besides, Toppik had never run before. I was shooting a scene with two other actors, and between takes one jerk announces aloud, "Ew, there's something green running down the side of your face!" Imagine my horror. I handled it pretty well, though. Brushed it off with the back of my wrist and replied nonchalantly, "Oh, that must be from the stuff the stylist put in my hair." Fortunately, we shot the final take immediately afterwards.

That incident stands out as one of the most humiliating moments of my life. So, I know how you feel. Tonight is the first time I've visited this board, and when I read your post, I registered immediately so I could respond. It's true, some pigment in the Toppik turns green when mixed with sweat, or perhaps the salt in sweat. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

I switched to Dermamatch recently and sometimes supplement with Organin. Haven't put Organin to the sweat test, yet. I plan to do so privately in my backyard one day, so I'll let you know how that works out. BTW, Dermamatch is waterproof. It's great because I can swim in public without running to wrap my head in a towel when I step out of the pool.

MPC1919

Reaction score
I don't sweat easily, but I do know that the Toppik I use (medium brown) actually turns green when I am in direct sunlight for a period of time. I guess the color of Toppik reacts to the heat of direct sunlight. After being on the beach all day I can see the area on my scalp dusted with Toppik has turned a very deep dark green color.

Weird.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
That's weird. I used Toppik and I have sweated alot with it in from biking and such, but I have never had it turn green. I also tend to keep it on for a week or so, so it gets plenty of sunlight, but I have never seen any green or purple tint in it.

johngreek

Reaction score
1. don't use too much toppik

2. After applying toppik , carefully wipe your forehead with a wet tissue UP TO YOUR HARILINE

3. Use plenty of hairspray

and the green sweat won't show again

s.a.f

Reaction score
Try a different brand of fibres nanogen or hairsoreal, I use nanogen and have never encountered this problem.

pzito

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, I was sweatin my azz off and someone was like OMG your sweatin blue, never use to happen with toppik until recently, WIERD
Im going to try the black instead of dark brown.....

phillips

Reaction score
Am yet to use a concealer but always felt it to be the next logical step. Growing out my hair for the first time in two years, havn't done it since before balding kicked in. Diffuse thinning is pretty bad, is there one product that's hands down better than most? From what I've read(and that's a lot) im thinking dermatch and also hairspray is pretty important. Last question, what do you think is the shortest length of hair before you even bother to start with hairspray. I'm not on the Norwood scale as yet, but a diffuse thinner all over.
Cheers guys

s.a.f

Reaction score
concealers probably work better for diffusers.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
this topic is funny..i dont know whether to believe it cuz i go to the gym 6 days a week and ive never seen this "green sweat" and i keep it on for at least 3-4 days at a time

to the guy asking bout how short...my hair is pretty short and im pretty thin all over the top but more so on the crown..i have no clue what i am on the Norwood scale..im thin all over tho and i dont b**ch like alot of people here with about 99% of there hair

mickeyblueyes

Reaction score
just throw it away and ask for a replacement thats what i do when i find a new batch ive ordered is looking blue or purple its does happen i reckon its just a faulty batch i had a few faulty batches in the last 6 years of using it. Also ive had some that just clumps and does'nt disperse properly.

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
YES, somebody else who this has happened to! This happened to me a lot. I sweat a lot when I work out, and I used to wear a lot of Toppik, and the sweat would be green. I didn't notice it for a long time, and then once I was running in a white tshirt, and when I would wipe the sweat with my sleeve, the thing turned green!

I just made sure to always have a towel with me when I work out. And made sure the towel is not white.

One embarassing story...I was in a job interview and was extremely sick that day. I had a suit on and it was hot. It was 8 mini-interviews, each 30 min long, in a row and it was intense! During the last interview, I got stumped with a question. So that nervousness, combined with me being sick and in a suit, I started to sweat...a lot I don't know for sure, but I was sweating bullets and it HAD to be green. The 2 ppl interviewing me gave the weirdest looks. Yeah I did not get that job....

s.a.f

Reaction score
Try another brand. Toppic isnt the only hair fibre product available, try Nanogen fibres thats what I use.

Terex

Reaction score
I am glad others have found the same problem with Toppik.

I have since chnaged to Nanogen, which doesnt have the same problem with the green sweat. Although the Nanogen shaker isnt as good as Toppik.

But for some reason there is still a purpleish tinge off my hair when light shines on it....its like the colour of peoples hair when they dye it...you know that they dye it.

But for me Nanogen was the answer to the green sweat problem.

raj41777

Reaction score
Hi Terex, as I am facing the same problem of green sweat with toppik while working out in gym, can you pls confirm its been how long u hv shifted to nanogen & does it really doesn't give any green sweat even on sum wht heaving sweating etc. Thanks for ur help.