Greek men have the highest rate of balding?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Doesn't suprise me since many Greeks have excessive body hair which is usually a sign of high DHT levels.

Source here:

"Studies have shown that men of Greek or Macedonian heritage have the highest percentage of bald or balding men. (age group 16-28, typical, non married, non-drug using, males) Studies done between 6 countries in Western Europe, incl. Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Ireland and 4 countries in Eastern Europe including Greece, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Romania show that Greek men of the same age group and study period had the highest percentage of full crown baldness or Alopeciae totalis (front, top and back) Another typical study during the same period showed that Greek men, 1700 out of 2457 total studied males also suffered the highest amount of random alopecia areata among men (aged 16-28, typical, non-drug using males)"

BrainFog

Reaction score
I am Greek . well looks like my ppl r cursed with this balding gene thing.Or maybe its the summer sun. I have to disagree with the excessive body hair though . I have next to none and most of the ppl i know have very little.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't have too much body hair only little on my legs and arms and still have hair loss problem. Don't know how's the situation in Greece about finding good hair loss doctor but in Macedonia there is no good derm.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I agree with IBM, I thought British men have it the worst.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Hmm before reading this article I would of said Scandinavian men have it the worse closely followed by the English. I think maybe the British are perceived as having the worse hairloss just because they look so pale and sick looking in general. So even minor hairloss is noticeable. Greek men look a little more tanned and healthly and although more of them may be balding they still appear more healthy. Just a theory. But having said that I think the English have the best looking women and men when it comes down to the crunch. But there is a lot of ugly f-uckers too!

powersam

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Hmm before reading this article I would of said Scandinavian men have it the worse closely followed by the English. I think maybe the British are perceived as having the worse hairloss just because they look so pale and sick looking in general. So even minor hairloss is noticeable. Greek men look a little more tanned and healthly and although more of them may be balding they still appear more healthy. Just a theory. But having said that I think the English have the best looking women and men when it comes down to the crunch. But there is a lot of ugly f-uckers too!

you are insane. i don't think you've ever seen an english person. or you watch fashion TV and The Bill, and think this is an adequate cross section.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
powersam said:
metalheaddude said:

you are insane. i don't think you've ever seen an english person. or you watch fashion TV and The Bill, and think this is an adequate cross section.

So you think the english are ugly then? English women are beautiful! The ones ive seen anyway, just on myspace etc.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought it's common knowledge that english women are somewhat ugly... well so are finnish so what the hell. Scandinavians seem to have the balding gene pretty bad, especially Swedes and Finns. Lots of diffuse thinners here.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I think its because most scandinavians like yourself have blonde hair and blondes have the thinnest hair on average so they only have to lose a small percentage of hair for it to be noticable. But in reality they have lost no more hair than there other thicker haired counterparts.

Check out this thread. Its a swedish nightclub pictures vs British nightclub pics. I thought it was pretty funny and true.

http://digg.com/television/Brits_VS_Swe ... rence_(NFS)

Scandinavia definetely has some of those most beautiful desirable women in the world. Id love to go there one day :p

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
I think its because most scandinavians like yourself have blonde hair and blondes have the thinnest hair on average so they only have to lose a small percentage of hair for it to be noticable. But in reality they have lost no more hair than there other thicker haired counterparts.

Check out this thread. Its a swedish nightclub pictures vs British nightclub pics. I thought it was pretty funny and true.

Scandinavia definetely has some of those most beautiful desirable women in the world. Id love to go there one day :p

Yeah don't come to Finland if you want to see beautiful women... we are like half-russian and unfortunately it shows :smack: .

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Then why are all the Russian tennis players so hot? Obviously uve never seen Maria Sharapova! I was watching the Australian Open the other day and I saw about 3 other female Russian tennis players. All tall and beautiful. So I think ur quite wrong about the Russian thing my friend.

mariasharapova_picture006.jpg

Pondle

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:

I've seen those pics before and they're very funny, but not exactly a fair comparison! The British place is the Pig & Whistle in Newcastle, for God's sake.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Then why are all the Russian tennis players so hot? Obviously uve never seen Maria Sharapova! I was watching the Australian Open the other day and I saw about 3 other female Russian tennis players. All tall and beautiful. So I think ur quite wrong about the Russian thing my friend.

mariasharapova_picture006.jpg

Sharapova isn't that hot. And just because one Russian is good-looking, doesn't mean they all are...

metalheaddude

Reaction score
lol that pic looks funny side by side with yours. All you need is a long blonde wig and u'd be twins!

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
lol that pic looks funny side by side with yours. All you need is a long blonde wig and u'd be twins!

Yeah I am aware that I look pretty feminine.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
IBM, are you a "goth" or something? Pretty crappy bands you seem to listen to... Nightwish, omg. Now tell me you like Within Temptation and Evanescence too?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:

ghg doesn't look at her except the hair color