great skin on finasteride... anyone else?

Harleyj888

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for a month now and my skin has never looked better, ive had chronic seb dermatitis, scalp folliculitis and oily skin for as long as i can remmeber and each one of those conditions have cleared up. Finasteride is the only thing i have changed. Anyone else experienced this?

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your skin definitely becomes less oily with a lack of dht. I experienced a similar thing. Unfortunately ever since starting finasteride i started to get breakouts, theres always at least 1-2 whiteheads on my face. Idk if finasteride is causing the breakouts or just makes me more prone to them.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for a month now and my skin has never looked better, ive had chronic seb dermatitis, scalp folliculitis and oily skin for as long as i can remmeber and each one of those conditions have cleared up. Finasteride is the only thing i have changed. Anyone else experienced this?
@Harleyj888

I Have an extremely Oily Scalp. How did you solve this problem.

Can you state that finasteride have made your scalp and forehead Dry or no more oily

Regards

phoenix01

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, my skin looks much better while on finasteride (A LOT less acne, white heads, blackheads, etc..) I haven't had a major pimple in ages

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use topical dutasteride and it's giving me chronic acne somehow

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends. It gives very intense acne to some individuals, myself included. I can't really explain why

abcdefg

Reaction score
Finasteride gave me some kind of skin rash. never had it my entire life so it was basically caused by this, and still hasnt really gone away after stopping. It has some effect on the skin. What exactly? Take your guess

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought in the trials it showed it didn’t effect facial skin. I thought I was the only one to experience this effect... how wrong I was to think no one would believe me

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely no change on either finasteride or dutasteride, prevalence of my breakouts week to week remained the same. It was only after adding CPA to my regimen did my back and chest finally clear up, also made a moderate improvement to facial acne.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope for me and I was using two different RI.'s. I had terrible dermatitis that kept getting worse but acne, baldness and dermatitis are all DHT artifacts. Only beard removal stopped my dermatitis. Not even estrogen worked. The DHT apparently comes up with the beard follicles at least for some of us. I have a theory that beard removal might increase scalp hair based upon this and the idea of cross-talk. Apparently, some FtM's lose hair when they try to grow minoxidil beards but it could just be that they are doing that and it's the T and not the incipient beard, which seldom looks at all like an XY beard but I digress. You can definitely infect the hair and face back and forth and topical min can do this. I posted pics of my dermatitis in my hair loss and transition blog and it was dreadful and debilitating just like male pattern baldness. I bled terribly and my daughters were often upset by my appearance. Not to brag but I have mirrors in my house and just look at my complexion now!

I honestly, and many of you, too, had/have an hormonal imbalance from excess production of DHT. It's a good excuse anyway for those who want to use estrogen. Estrogel might work better as I was on Premarin pills back then. My hair initially got much worse on HRT and I have posted those pics too. I was using so much Biestro on my hair that HRT was a step down in terms of estrogen dosage. If I weren't having so much success, I wouldn't be able to look at these pics or of my shed to baldness under spironolactone which I also have posted. Ultimately, the lucky ones need to post for the good of the community but I still only post from the front even though my crown has completely recovered. Habits are hard to break and since the age of 20 when I first noticed loss in the crown, I never let anyone approach me from behind when I am seated as that is how one of my frat brothers informed me of my baldness by fingering my bald spot from behind and saying, "hey, you're going bald". I was like, no I am not. My father has a perfect head of hair, sigh.

Last edited: