Great Propecia Results with photos

Sean68

Reaction score
there pretty extraordinary especially after 8 months.possibly the best ive seen actually. bastard!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Truely amazing how some people can respond fantastically and for others like me its not even slowing things down yet.

I agree what a git...still good luck to him and hope many more here respond like that..

iostream71

Reaction score
that's great and all, but what happens when the drug loses its effectiveness? he's right back to square one. i'm tired of these temporary cures...bring on something permanent

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how soon will it lose its effectiveness? some ppl have good success still at 6 or 7 years...seems like a worthwhile amount of time to put off total hair loss especially for younger people who generally can't afford surgery and people who just don't want to go to that level.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[quote="iostream71]that's great and all, but what happens when the drug loses its effectiveness? he's right back to square one. i'm tired of these temporary cures...bring on something permanent[/quote]

You have to be careful when saying propecia loses its effectiveness since it does not. You may mean that hair loss becomes to aggresive to handle just with propecia but many newbies may missunderstand it as tolerance, when there is no such thing for finasteride.

After all you can not be sure that your hair loss will definately overcome treatments at one point. Yes if i am geneticaly programmed to become a nw7 but no if i am ment to be a nw4.

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!! That is incredible! Seeing a picture like that gives us all something that we really dont have. Hope. BTW, you noticed where most of the growth was dont you? His hair line. So to those that continue to say it doesnt work on your hair line, a picture is worth a thousand words.

iostream71

Reaction score
semantics. i see many people posting that propecia and other drugs worked great for x amount of years, but then they slide back to where they started. i'd just hate to get my hopes up with all that growth, only to have it dashed in the future. i'm still taking propecia though haha :hairy:

G

sphlanx2006 said:
After all you can not be sure that your hair loss will definately overcome treatments at one point. Yes if i am geneticaly programmed to become a nw7 but no if i am ment to be a nw4.

i think if someone is on like avodart then it is more linear. if you're destined to be nw7 you may only get to nw4 and not until late in your life. if you're only destined to be an nw4 maximum without meds then you may never go past nw2.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great results, first the guy says that he got the results in 8 months then it says under the pictures that the one on the right was taken after 21 months of continued use. Am I missing something?

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Then why bother at all

i'd just hate to get my hopes up with all that growth, only to have it dashed in the future

Wouldn't you rather an extra 5-10 years of nice hair than to go bald now? That is the same as saying "I don't want to fall in love in case my heart gets broken". I personally don't understand your reasoning.

In my opinion even an extra 5 years of hair growth above baseline makes finasteride worth it. Then who knows what treatments will be around once your hairloss begins to beat finasteride.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Makes sense

Great results, first the guy says that he got the results in 8 months then it says under the pictures that the one on the right was taken after 21 months of continued use. Am I missing something

Makes sense. The guy obviously experienced most his regrowth within the first 8months. The picture happened to be taken after 21months of treatment. Nice example of finasteride maintaining hairgrowth after the 12 month mark.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Then why bother at all

AussieExperiment said:
i'd just hate to get my hopes up with all that growth, only to have it dashed in the future

Wouldn't you rather an extra 5-10 years of nice hair than to go bald now? That is the same as saying "I don't want to fall in love in case my heart gets broken". I personally don't understand your reasoning.

In my opinion even an extra 5 years of hair growth above baseline makes finasteride worth it. Then who knows what treatments will be around once your hairloss begins to beat finasteride.

Especially if you're eighteen and you'd just like to get through college with a decent head of hair.

No one thinks finasteride is a permanent cure. Hopefully, someday, there will be.

iostream71

Reaction score
what i'm saying is i just think i'd be doubly depressed if i lost my hair, grew it all back, then lost it again.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Fair Enough

iostream71 said:
what i'm saying is i just think i'd be doubly depressed if i lost my hair, grew it all back, then lost it again.

I appreciate what you are saying. I don’t want to sound like I am criticizing you. Everyone responds to hairloss differently.

But another way to think about it is this. Some people, including myself, find hairloss difficult because it happened so suddenly and without warning. We don't get a chance to become comfortable with our new look which can take time. Personally I don't have a huge issue with hairloss, but mentally I need some time to adjust and prepare myself for the inevitable. Finasteride can give you that time to come to terms with your hairloss and discover a new image you are comfortable with.

Anyway that is just my approach to this topic.