Greasy Hair Every Morning : What To Do?

Pretzel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there,

as the title says, I'm dealing with oily hair every morning, I produce a huge quantity of sebum also in my forehead and around my nose during the day, resulting in a very oily skin.
I'm 24yo, and because of this problem I've been washing my hair almost everyday since I was around 12yo, and they started thinning in my temples and the crown since I was 18yo more or less, that's why I started using Finasteride and minoxidil around 1 year ago. Things are going normal, except for the fact I have cycles of aggressive hair loss around every 6 months, which they usually last around 1 month and then hair come back. Maybe minoxidil causes that, I really don't know but it's stressing stuff.

Anyway, back to my question, I made some assumptions:

I saw different people having hair transplant and other stuff, some of them even Norwood 7, but I noticed their left remaning hair in the back of their head surprisingly thick and not oily at all.
Then I told myself: "Probabily they didn't give a sh*t about the remaining hair and they didn't use any particular shampoo or treatment, that's maybe the cause they're so healty and thick."

So, assuming that, with a very high chance, washing hair daily could really lead to oily hair and scalp.

My question so is the following, aimed at those who suffered from the same problem but found a solution:

How the hell did you do? Do you use particular shampoos, products or other stuff? Washing your hair less solved the problem? Are your hair thicker now? Did the production of sebum decrease also in your face?

Thank you for reading all of this.

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
Take some Vitamin D. Its supposed to help. Google it. Lack of Vit D can cause excessive sweating - even if you live in a sunny climate. Also - minoxidil makes your hair look liks $hit. I use it but im a hat prisoner until an hour or two later.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no perfect solution. It's probably just genetics. Vit.A is supposedly good for oily skin. You could also use dry shampoo.

dsd1984

Reaction score
Use Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo, twice a week. Worked for me. Got rid of that white residue aswell you get sometimes.