Grateloupia elliptica

jimmy360

Reaction score
Grateloupia elliptica is a red seaweed from South Korea that's been studied at a local University on how it treats hair loss. According to the study, it increases dermal papilla cells (nourishment providers for hair follicles), and it reduces 5 alpha reductase (reduces dht conversions). It also raises PGE2 and reduces P.ovale (dandruff causer), and a few other things. Sounds pretty good. Too good to be true, though?

Someone posted this study on another site, but I think it's worth sharing.

Here's the study:
http://pdf.medrang.co.kr/BT/2012/020/BT020-01-16.pdf

What do you think?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
The study looks legit...but if this isn't a drug, then just do a human trial at the same time...Just go for it...Sick and tired of this testing on rat bull****...especially if it is simply a seaweed extract or some other naturally occuring substance

abcdefg

Reaction score
Cool but if you cant walk into grocery store and actually buy some of it what good does it do us? A lot of koreans and asians have no hair loss even at old age although I think its more a geographically local gene pool that causes that and not anything with diet they have. All of them coincidentally have no facial hair even at old ages leading me to strongly believe as we suspect already that androgens maybe just DHT or maybe also T basically completely cause male pattern baldness and all hair loss.