Grapes/Wine

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
i drink a lot of wine. it hasn't made me grow any hair. maybe ill start dumping it on my head.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I heard someone say grape seed extract was similar to apple poly. I just wanted to know if that was true. As for wine exract, I just figured wine comes from grapes, so why not. Wine itslef also promotes healthy blood flow.

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read good things about grape seed extract, would you take it as a supplement or use it topically?

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of taking supplements. I saw them at wal-mart and thought about getting them, but I wanted to make sure there was at least some theory to back up spending money on more supplements. How does this stuff work anyway (growth stimulant, DHT blocker, etc.)?

MrSuccessful

Reaction score
Found this little blurb:

Hair loss patients often try to find alternative therapies to treat their condition. Many of these alternative therapies include herbal remedies. Grape seed extract is an herb that is sometimes used to treat hair loss.

Grape seed extract is a very strong antioxidant that some use as a supplement or remedy to various conditions, such as blood circulation problems, cardiac and cerebral circulation conditions, capillaries, vision troubles, such as myopia, and hair loss. The oil from the seeds of the grapes is pressed once the grapes are peeled. This is how the oil, containing high levels of vitamin E and essential fatty acids, is produced.

Although there have been no proven studies that have found grape seed extract to improve hair loss conditions, many patients have tried it and found satisfying results. In a certain study, researchers did find that grapes seed extract increased the rate of hair growth in lab animals.

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
Was it used as a supplement to treat hair loss systematically? I know it's used in natural topical treatments.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
I thought I heard someone say grape seed extract was similar to apple poly. I just wanted to know if that was true. As for wine exract, I just figured wine comes from grapes, so why not. Wine itslef also promotes healthy blood flow.

Apple poly, pine bark extract, grape seed extract are all procyanidines which have powerful antioxidant effects. As far as I know only certain apple poly and grape seed proanths have some evidence that they can help regrow hair when applied topically.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
Would orally be a waste of money?

Well they're probably good for your general health and don't have to be too expensive. I just got some grape/pine/green capsules from Swanson and it was $1 for 60 capsules- I think taking a couple a day would make for a typical moderate supp regime for all three. I doubt taking them internally would have any significant effect unless you took massive doses- apple poly seems the most promising but it's ridiculously expensive.

abcdefg

Reaction score
All these supplements. Wine grapes good for you? supposedly yes in moderation. Is it going to grow you hair or stop your hair from falling out? 95 percent chance it wont do anything not even make you healthier if you dont do it long term. Its fun to do but really your not altering your hair loss destiny with it not even changing it slightly.

Zackg323

Reaction score
I take grape seed extract in supp form, I take 150 mg a day (50 mg per 50 LBS) i'm about 160. I also take Ginkgo Biloba, Flax Seed and probiotics. Also i nizoral and min new york anti-dht shampoo. My hair does look good recently. I have been on all this since about June, Nizoral longer and grape seed/ginko only about 40 days. I have increased my dosage of gse and i feel like my hair looks/feels thicker and denser. I am still having a shed, but i think that's a good sign.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
I found that a hit of LSD twice a day makes my hair look long, curly, and beautiful.

:) No not really. Never heard of wine thou.