grape seed great for scalp but caution

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I applied some grape seed extract in dmso on small front area to see ,feel effects to ciculation and it did such a great job of increasing blood flow to the point of very bad inflammation along with redness . I'm going to add just one capsule to every bottle of copper peptide . This would be a beneficial amount .

misterium

Reaction score
I take 2 capsules a day (as suggested by the bottle).

You really think adding it to Folligen would help ?

I get mild irritation on Folligen too..

Cassin

Reaction score
IwantMyhair said:
I get mild irritation on Folligen too..

Then drop it, or dillute it, or get American Crew, or Tricomin. :)

Nothing is worth irritation. Irritation always means a halt in possible progress. My irritation issues were not fully solved until I stopped using Folligen. Folligen is a great product but for some it is too strong.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Can u prove that irritation causes a halt in progress. I have asked Dr. Lee this before and he said irritation does not mean that a product will lose its effectiveness and that irritation is at the skin level whereas the follicles as much further in the epidermis.

misterium

Reaction score
Well my irritation with Folligen is minor.

It's the kind of few minutes lasting itch, that goes away... It's usually right after applying Folligen.

I've also been applying it with quite a good bit of sprays, up close to my hair so that it gets to the scalp and I can feel the wetness.

It's definately not like the irritation I experienced when I gave minoxidil a try (a few bottles worth), THAT was bad and caused me to drop minoxidil.. good thing it was only a few bottles that I went through, no benefit and no harm I feel.

The Folligen irritation, for me, seems normal as stated by Dr. Pickart.. but maybe I should simply use it only a few times a week ? I've been using it pretty heavy, every night after my shower.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I totally agree with you that you can lose results with irritation, my post before was just to see what you would say. I have experienced this loss of results due to irritation several times before and it sucks. I changed over to PPG free minoxidil but I still experience irritation even when using nizoral and t-gel or t-sal or emu oil or jojoba oil. I have been using minoxidil for about 3 years now and it has helped me slow down the male pattern baldness. I sometimes use a corticosteroid shampoo when the irritation gets really bad and it definetely helps even though I know that it is a bad idea to use a topical steroid. Some people say to drop something if it causes irritation but if I dropped minoxidil I would lose hair that it kept on my head even while experiencing irritation. This post is pretty much me rambling on with no important things to say.

Cassin

Reaction score
Blueshard...A few things.........

1. Why are you using minoxidil and Xandrox the same day if you have that much irritation?

2. Is it more minoxidil products or is it the shampoos causing you problems? Or both?

3. Have you tried dropping either to once a day?

4. Have you tried to rehydrate your scalp? I think this may have helped me as much as Copper-Peptides and Dr Lees stuff, I use TIGI:BED HEAD:MOISTURE MANIAC almost everyday. It's thicker than hand lotion. Trial and error and a ton of thrown away bottles later, this stuff is a Godsend.

Sorry to hijack your thread Kevin.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin, you have made many excellent points. It has never crossed my mind to alternate my minoxidil applications, cut back a little bit. I may try this soon as well as the moisturizer. Thanks for the input. Does anyone else have any thing to contribute?

Reaction score
Nightly I was applying a mix of grape seed oil, rosemary oil and evening primrose oil. I've dropped the grapeseed oil as the amount of proanthocyanidins (yes the really cool antioxidants) is kinda low at that level.

Still losing lots of hairs on my pillows, mainly pissant short thin ones, don't know why.

So I am trying to find some grape seed extract myself, its not cheap though. Probably I'll chuck some in my American Crew or my nightly oil.

Also, been getting into the red wine nightly. Contains lots of p-thingies and is generally great for your health. Just do a Google search for the "French Paradox"!!!

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two different things

In my opinion Grape seed oil (GSO) is different from Grape seed extract (GSE).
Anthocyanins (antioxidants) are only present in GSE, not in GSO.
Armando