grafts 23yrs ago

mr p

Reaction score
I had grafts 23yrs ago i do regret it , it has left a bit of scaring on the front of my head. Ive had hair replacement for 22yrs and have had enough,
I have little tufts of hair growing from the grafts, when i shave them it does not look to bad but there is a faint out line of the grafts.

I just want to come to terms with my self and be free, i wounderd if there
is any thing i can do. I no when i take my (wig )of, my head will be pale after 22yrs of being coverd up, Is there any cosmetic cover up i can use
untill my head as seen a bit of sun. Is hair laser treatment an alternative
to kill the hair in my grafts.

help apresiated

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thats one way, but there are hair removal products that can be bought off the internet or chemists.

finallyhair

Reaction score
depending on the color of your hair, laser might be an option. The darker the better.

michael barry

Reaction score
You can have electolysis performed. The shave the hair, stick a needle down the hair shaft and zap it with electricity.....destroying the follicle bulb and pull it out. Lasers typically take more than one treatment because follicle must be in anagen growning phase. They can be surgically removed, but this will excacerbate scarring. There will be white spots where the plugs are removed. This is scar tissue. You will have to cover it with a wee bit of make-up unless youre really pale. Your skin can be dermabrated smooth. Its better to opt for electrolyisis because laser hair will kill surrounding "dead" follicles so even if a baldness cure that can revive them becomes reality, you'll have killed yours. Chemical peels and laser resurfacing can also damamge sebaceous glands under the skin and make a new hair cure unhelpful to you if it comes down the pike. Im going through something like you are and its why Ive read up on it. Im also trying to let young guys know that propecia only slows hairloss but one will bald to where they were gonna bald to eventually, even if its 30 years. Hope this helps, M