got surgery 4 gyne last week should i still do the finasteride? PICS

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
i just got rid of them last week .... the surgery went smooth as hell.... two hours and i was on my way back home.... ever since i was about 10 i had a problem with my chest... i was over weight then...i over the years lost a lot of weight and still had titties.... i was down to 155 and 6 feet tall and still had them sticking out and big.... im 22 now and after 12 years i finally FINALLY got rid of them .... when going on propecia i really didn't care about the gyne side ... and i dont think that propecia made it any worse ... but without taking pictures or anything theres really no way to be sure i tried to not look at them as much as possible to tell the truth... now heres the question.... i just had surgery to get rid of gyne obviously not caused by propecia.... should i be worried about getting it back? i swear to god i'd rather shave my head for the rest of my life than have boobies :crazy:

nightlife

Reaction score
i wouldnt risk it, if you got it and it wasnt caused by propecia you may be genetically susceptible to getting gyno. if i was you, i start off with minoxidil 5%, a topical anti DHT, and a growth stimulant like MSM. are you really prepared to take the risk and get gyno again?

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
i should prob mention that i've been on propecia for 15 months now .... and heres the comparisson so far :

so the question really becomes do i risk the mythical 2% chance of getting gyno back? or the 100% losing all the progress i have with my hair?

Reaction score
get back on treatment and when you get gyno have it removed...i read somewhere tha once you get rid of gyno the chances of it coming back are very small.....btw how much would a surgery like that cost....just in case i get it myself

bartolin

Reaction score
Newly formed gyno needs time to get permanent. If you feel pain in your chest, swelling or soft nipples you can drop finasteride and things most probably will return to normal.
New gyno is usually soft gland tissue which takes up to a year to get fibrous and therefore permanent.

Puberal gynecomastia has nothing to do with finasteride.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
i got the surgery in NY with Dr Blau ... he's got a crap load of pictures on his site....just google his name ... the surgery cost $6,600 thats including everything; the anesthesia, the room, the pain killers etc.... it came out friggin' amazing

any questions u may have feel free to ask although http://www.gynecomastia.org has forums with all the info you could ever want