Got my Rogaine/Proscar/Nizoral

Iceman-

Reaction score
I have been receeding at the temples and thinning a lot all throughout for the past two years; my hairline has definetely taken a hit this winter, my temples are thining and receeding (norwood 2ish) and I am thinning a fair amount on my crown and vertex. I am 23 and have been using Nizoral 1% for the past three months. I have a 4 month supply of Rogaine foam that I got in the mail a few weeks ago, but haven't had the balls to use it yet.

Went to the Dr.'s office yesterday and got my blood drawn for hormone levels and a prescription for 20 Proscar tablets. I went to Walmart this afternoon and picked them up, and a good pill cutter and pill box.

What do you guys think I should do?

I have been using Nizoral and have Rogaine and Proscar on hand. I have not used either of the Rogaine or Proscar as I am frankly scared of the possible side effects of both of them.

But here I am with thinning hair and all the FDA approved products on hand.

What would you guys do? Which would you start first, the Rogaine or the Proscar? If I started them both at the same time would I go through a MAJOR shed or something? Should I start the Rogaine first for a couple of weeks and hen introduce the Proscar? Or should I start the Proscar first and see if I get any sides beofre I make the leap into any combination regimine?

Please give me some advice. I have been searching the forums for months and this is whwre it has got me so far, with all three products on hand. I need some advice and encouragement. I'm not sure where to start with all this and I am not sure about side effects.

It would be nice to start my regimine today on June 1st 2007, so please tell me where you think I should start on these products.

Thanks, -Iceman

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
i think side effects are VERY rare with rogaine. and even then all they seem to be is stuff like itchy scalp or minor dizziness. i dont think you should worry at all about starting the rogaine man. as for the proscar, as far as i know you could start using it then stop if you start having any bad side effetcs.

and the shedding, im not an expert and havent even had a shed on rogaine but it seems better to start both treatments at once and combine any shedding period to one time, instead of 2....

Iceman-

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply MSFB :)

But what do the rest of you guys think? Should I start them both at the same time? Or should I start either the rogaine or proscar first?

-Iceman

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think no reason to play around, get them all going. I was a long time finasteride guy, and added foam later. I noticed maybe a little dizziness or something for an hour or so and then I had no sides.