Got My Prescription. Still Afraid To Take It.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does have sides though we already know this. Are those sides significant enough to ignore the drug and take male pattern baldness instead? Well 20 years later it doesnt seem so yet although nothing is for certain.
Castration does change those hormones by more then 70 percent forever, and so do the pseudohermaphradites. So yes models do exist for this change in the male hormones long term.
Yes, we should lower DHT just topically and locally. How do you do that? no one in the last 20 years has, but you propose we do that. How?

Simple follow the studies, check the ones of Ketoconazole, the one using ketoconazole cream is simple amazing. Check the studies on spironolactone , tretinoin, alpha estradiol, the one with cetirizine from this year.
Finasteride and dutasteride are the past . The only sense ( for finasteride ) is if you have extremely high levels of DHT , that, if you started to bald at really young age ( I started at 17th ) it could be. But you must check your levels, Merck convince us that is not necessary, that is simple insane.

I guarantee, that if you use a lotion with minoxidil, ketoconazole, tretinoin, alpha estradiol and then the spironolactone cream, for example , you will have no side effects and you will have the same results than Finasteride ( if not betters ) . Search online for pharmacies that made this lotions, or simple get a doctor that is willing to prescribe this and compound in a local pharmacy.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Simple follow the studies, check the ones of Ketoconazole, the one using ketoconazole cream is simple amazing. Check the studies on spironolactone , tretinoin, alpha estradiol, the one with cetirizine from this year.
Finasteride and dutasteride are the past . The only sense ( for finasteride ) is if you have extremely high levels of DHT , that, if you started to bald at really young age ( I started at 17th ) it could be. But you must check your levels, Merck convince us that is not necessary, that is simple insane.

I guarantee, that if you use a lotion with minoxidil, ketoconazole, tretinoin, alpha estradiol and then the spironolactone cream, for example , you will have no side effects and you will have the same results than Finasteride ( if not betters ) . Search online for pharmacies that made this lotions, or simple get a doctor that is willing to prescribe this and compound in a local pharmacy.

I've researched tretinion and have yet to find a study proving it effective, so I am a bit doubtful on your other claims.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've researched tretinion and have yet to find a study proving it effective, so I am a bit doubtful on your other claims.
I am a bit doubtful on how do you search ;) :
Efficacy of 5% minoxidil versus combined 5% minoxidil and 0.01% tretinoin for male pattern hair loss: a randomized, double-blind, comparative clinical trial. :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17902730

Took me 20 seconds. There are tons of studies on pubmed, it is up to you if you want to take your time to save your hair or not.

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well... this thread really took a turn.

I see both sides of the argument. I don’t believe the studies 100% just because of the tons of people here and other forums who experience sides. I also don’t know if it’s as deadly as it sounds.

Simply put, should I take it tonight or wait for the weekend so I have a few days to see how it affects me? I’d hate to be experiencing ball ache at work tomorrow.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well... this thread really took a turn.

I see both sides of the argument. I don’t believe the studies 100% just because of the tons of people here and other forums who experience sides. I also don’t know if it’s as deadly as it sounds.

Simply put, should I take it tonight or wait for the weekend so I have a few days to see how it affects me? I’d hate to be experiencing ball ache at work tomorrow.

Cut it into quarters and and take it on the weekend when you're comfortable

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cut it into quarters and and take it on the weekend when you're comfortable

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking. Do you think 1.25mg is too much to start with? I was prescribed 5mg (and I would cut it) but I can probably ask for a lower dosage. Maybe 1mg and cut it in half?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s what I was thinking. Do you think 1.25mg is too much to start with? I was prescribed 5mg (and I would cut it) but I can probably ask for a lower dosage. Maybe 1mg and cut it in half?

I do 0.25mg and have maintained for 10 monthsish and got definite vertex regrowth. I would try that so start with

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a bit doubtful on how do you search ;) :
Efficacy of 5% minoxidil versus combined 5% minoxidil and 0.01% tretinoin for male pattern hair loss: a randomized, double-blind, comparative clinical trial. :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17902730

Took me 20 seconds. There are tons of studies on pubmed, it is up to you if you want to take your time to save your hair or not.

They say: "There were no statistically significant differences between the two treatment groups with respect to changes in macrophotographic variables or scores on subjective global assessments by patients and the investigator."

ie. The tretinoin idn't really seem to help in this case.

I'm not saying you HAVE to take finasteride/dutasteride or something like that to save your hair. I'm also not saying your approach is wrong. I don't know. If it works for you, great. But your approach has less scientific evidence than something like finasteride, which is well proven to be highly effective with few or no side effects >90% of men with very little effort. Finasteride 1 mg is very easy and generally safe based on long term studies of prostate patients taking 5 mg daily for decades now.

How long have you been on your particular regimen and what have your results been like?

Thanks.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
They say: "There were no statistically significant differences between the two treatment groups with respect to changes in macrophotographic variables or scores on subjective global assessments by patients and the investigator."

ie. The tretinoin idn't really seem to help in this case.

I'm not saying you HAVE to take finasteride/dutasteride or something like that to save your hair. I'm also not saying your approach is wrong. I don't know. If it works for you, great. But your approach has less scientific evidence than something like finasteride, which is well proven to be highly effective with few or no side effects >90% of men with very little effort. Finasteride 1 mg is very easy and generally safe based on long term studies of prostate patients taking 5 mg daily for decades now.

How long have you been on your particular regimen and what have your results been like?

Thanks.

This combination have being using with extremly success with many famous doctors like Doctor lee and his popular Xandrox.
I am 39 now, started to bald at 17th. Used Finasteride then dutasteride for a total of 19 years none stop ! So I know about side effects :) .
I stoped the dutasteride 2 month ago , after that, the 3 month before I reduced it from one caps every day to 2 caps per day - Will never touch that stuff again, depression, anxiety, low progesterone, low testosterone, high estrogens, etc. I was a groupie of finas and dutas for to many years.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
This combination have being using with extremly success with many famous doctors like Doctor lee and his popular Xandrox.
I am 39 now, started to bald at 17th. Used Finasteride then dutasteride for a total of 19 years none stop ! So I know about side effects :) .
I stoped the dutasteride 2 month ago , after that, the 3 month before I reduced it from one caps every day to 2 caps per day - Will never touch that stuff again, depression, anxiety, low progesterone, low testosterone, high estrogens, etc. I was a groupie of finas and dutas for to many years.

How long until you got side effects on finasteride? Did you have bad sides on finasteride or just dutasteride?

Also the percentage of those in finasteride studies getting erectile issues is similar to the amount of those at the average age in finasteride studies with erectile dysfunction in the general population. The numbers of those with brain fog, depression and tiredness issues is also similar to those in the general population with chronic fatigue.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long until you got side effects on finasteride? Did you have bad sides on finasteride or just dutasteride?

Also the percentage of those in finasteride studies getting erectile issues is similar to the amount of those at the average age in finasteride studies with erectile dysfunction in the general population. The numbers of those with brain fog, depression and tiredness issues is also similar to those in the general population with chronic fatigue.
Hard to get an orgasm, depression and anxiety was in a month or so .
Others side effects took more time .
It depend what study do you read and for how long that studies where done. On that studies they also ask for ED, not, for example, less libido, or hard to get an orgasm .
About the depression and anxiety there is not " could be " simple cause DHT it act by itself as a neurohormone in the brain, plus the 5-alpha reductase act in many neurohormones formation

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to get an orgasm, depression and anxiety was in a month or so .
Others side effects took more time .
It depend what study do you read and for how long that studies where done. On that studies they also ask for ED, not, for example, less libido, or hard to get an orgasm .
About the depression and anxiety there is not " could be " simple cause DHT it act by itself as a neurohormone in the brain, plus the 5-alpha reductase act in many neurohormones formation

I'm not trying to hijack this thread here, but a got i few questions, because i might switch to your regimen soon.After 13 years on finasteride, it seems that i cannot tolerate this drug anymore, despite having succesfully stop my hair loss for this long.I experience the same kind of sides for a few months now, tiredness along with depression and anxiety, even have some panic attacks a few years ago without any apparent reasons in my life back then.Anyway, it's hard to point out that finasteride causes for sure all of these, but it's not something you supposed to feel at 30 years old, especially this kind of tiredness.

About your regimen, apparently you are still taking Dutasteride ? You said you can achieve same results as finasteride, even betters ? Did it halt your hair loss ? Even some regrowth maybe ?

About your sides, how did you know it was finasteride/dutasteride for sure ? Did you get a bloodwork done when experiencing sides ? After quitting it, did you check again your hormone levels ? Did they get back to normal ranges ?

I've got an appointment with an endocrinologist incoming, never check those hormone levels in my life, i guess time has come and i would like to know what i got to look for, and not rely only on his knowledge.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say take it. I have been taking it since June and so far no side effects other than not becoming a NW4 at 21.

Jesse Wilson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know everyone's different, but I've got this fear that as soon as I take my first pill, my sex drive is going to be gone, my nipples are going to puff up and my dick is going to stop working.

Arrange 14 mouthwash cups each labeled 1 through 14 and fill them with an aspirin of similar size to the finasteride pill. Have a friend replace any of the cups above his or her secret chosen number with the real pills and place the cups in a tall place so you can't look down into them when you pick them. Starting with the pill in the cup labeled "1," you close your eyes and without feeling the pill with your tongue, immediately swallow the pill. Document your feelings each day and at the end of 2 weeks ask your friend to tell you what day you started the real pills. Based on your documentation see if you felt any side effects that correlate to the day you started the real pill. Make sure you account for lack of sleep and other factors that could affect your feelings. You can stop early if you feel side effects; you will also know if they are placebo side effects or not.