Got my first system fitted (seven words)

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Every single person who I have shown the photos say that it looks great. But I just am not feeling it yet. It looks like there's some mass of hair on my head and that it is too dark in color. I can see the hairline and it looks like the hair there curves in the wrong way. I don't know if I find the hairstyle too long and it takes away my 'edgy' look. I also don't know if I am right about any of those things because I don't know what a full head of hair looks like up close anymore.

The style that I have is like these.

The second guy also found his too dense/long and got it cut down a week later.

Maybe my mind has been warped by being bald. I attained confidence and thought that I looked good bald and so seeing myself with hair, something looks wrong or worse. But other people are all saying that it looks great and they know that bald sucks and hair is better.

We Move

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever the downsides to these things, "looking fake" definitely isn't one of them. A lot of the time, I couldn't differentiate a system from real hair if you put a gun to my head

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much did it cost, and how long is it supposed to last before you replace it?

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regardless of everything, congrats bro. It was definitely the right step to take and i hope it will boost your confidence and revolutionize your dating life

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
How much did it cost, and how long is it supposed to last before you replace it?
They're a few hundred for a stock system. For example

Expect it to last around 3 months, though it can last longer. You pay for a stylist to cut it in for the first time too; that will be maybe 1/2 - 1/3 the price of the system. After that you need to remove, clean and reattach it yourself (ideally) and go for normal haircuts every few weeks (price of a normal haircut). To me, that's quite affordable.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're a few hundred for a stock system. For example

Expect it to last around 3 months, though it can last longer. You pay for a stylist to cut it in for the first time too; that will be maybe 1/2 - 1/3 the price of the system. After that you need to remove, clean and reattach it yourself (ideally) and go for normal haircuts every few weeks (price of a normal haircut). To me, that's quite affordable.
Why do you need to go for haircuts? So that your hair stays the same length it was when the piece was first fitted? Or to actually cut the hair piece itself?

Last edited: