Got my Finpecia today.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought it more as a back up thing, like next time i notice a big increase in hairloss, I know i'll panic and then realise it's time to pull the finasteride out.

until then, I'm still trying to get a decent regimen together that doesn't consist of finasteride. Been looking at Copper Peptide (in serum form for the face, but i may just buy it and apply to hairline), Collagen Types 1 and 3, Moroccan Argan (supposedly revitalizes the skin's dermal cells).

Rawtashk

Reaction score
:agree: What he said. It is 100x easier to MAINTAIN what you have than to regrow what you've lost. Think if it like your heart....sure, you might be able to get shocked back to life by a defibrillator, but it's much safer to just keep that heart beating!

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You'll regret it if you wait too long. A good percentage pf the time you just maintain what you have with little or no regrowth so why not maintain what you have right now?

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm on it.

i figured at least if i'm taking it, i'll feel better in the knowledge that i'm definitely doing something about it, rather than obsessing over getting the perfect non-finasteride regimen as i have been doing this week. i will keep working on that though, because i really don't wanna be taking finasteride for years and years. but i'm just at that point where if i don't lose any more hair, considering how i style it, it doesn't look like i've lost anything at all.

Thanks for the support guys, last thing i needed was someone coming in here and throwing the sides at me!

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
P.S. would you say it's better to take finasteride in the morning or at night? i took my first last night, dunno whether i should take my next now or wait until the morning and take it every morning thereon after.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've only been on it for 7 months but from everything I've read it doesn't matter when you take it so long as you take it every day.

I haven't had any sides either, I think most of it is in people's imagination.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
well it may be too early but an hour or so after my first pill i managed to crack one off, lol. i did see a chart someone made on another forum about how you can ween yourself onto it so there's less of a risk of sides from the beginning - may give that a go just to be on the safe side.

do you take yours at night or in the morning?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haha, well you're off to a good start then!

I take mine in the morning or afternoon usually unless I forget, in which case I just take it that night.

If you do get some of the sexual symptoms, taking Zinc everyday helps out a lot. I didn't get the symptoms but my libido isn't what it was in my teens!

green022

Reaction score
Content like this is a great change of pace for me. I feel fervently about this and I like learning about this subject