Got my blood works back....

NeedHelp

Reaction score
Well guys I got the blood works back. Everything seems to be normal EXCEPT my liver..... MY AST/ALT Levels were: AST 255 (4.5-5x normal range) and ALT 80 (1.5-2x normal range) In 2003 I was rejected for life insurance and didnt think much of it, and now it is still high. Can this be due to Propecia to be 4x more than normal liver levels? Can this be contributing to my overall thinning? Derm said this has nothing to due with hair thinnning at all. What do you guys think?

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hhhmmmm.....

let's try again.

Could you tell me what AST and ATL levels mean.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
See your primary doctor. Since this has been going on since 2003 there is a persistant problem that should be diagnosed.

AST higher than ALT (a blood test measuring liver enzymes) often means alcohol abuse/overuse... any chance that you drink more than 2 drinks most day? Other medications (tylenol) might be affecting your liver also. Fatty liver (overweight) other kinds of hepatitis (viral) and cirrhosis could and should be searched for, and thyroid function and CPK should be checked.

Your primary care physician can help you begin this search with further lab and possibly ultrasound initially... Your dermatologist probably has little to add at this point.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
Well then, the question can't be answered without more testing... But it should be done as some of the things that cause that change need to be discovered and treated if present. If the workup is normal then you dont have to worry about it anymore (and may be able to get insurance : )