Got A Keeps Prescription Of Finastide Few Questions...

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I had an online consultation and this is what I was told....that I had early male pattern baldness or a maturing hairline and that I am a candidate for finasteride. But I'm a bit confused because it seems like he was a bit hesitant in diagnosing it as a must to start finasteride. He says my hairloss is mild anf well Hereis the email. What are your thoughts?.....has anyone else tried keeps and if so what was your email like?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180916-154402.png
    Screenshot_20180916-154402.png
    222.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20180916-154409.png
    Screenshot_20180916-154409.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot_20180916-154427.png
    Screenshot_20180916-154427.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 154

ljb118

Reaction score
Your hair looks thick as hell in that pic. I think you know that though.

If you want anybody to be able to assess where you're at, you will need to provide a bunch more pictures with better quality, lighting and different angles.

An online consultation for male pattern baldness sounds like a money grab.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree maybe a money grab even the doctor tells me that I should be absolutely sure before getting on treatment....my thoughts are if I am slowly losing ground I'd rather start asap rather than wait till corners are receded.....I'm at a place where it may be only in my head but with my father's and grandfather's history I have bdd....I need your honest oppions. I'll post pics as best I can of all angles.....first pic is when I was 11. Second 14 third 16. Fourth 18 pardon the picture I was in Amsterdam. Fifth is 26... sixth is 29..rest are between 30 and 32 now.. I aprreaciate any oppinions.

Wtf no don’t take propecia

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf no don’t take propecia
Thabk you for your input Tommy ....I know I'm scared but I'm just losing my mind. Anytime I see hair she'd I think I'm not as full as I used to be....maybe because my barber hasn't been cutting my bangs for the slicked back style so it makes those hairs longer and easier to feel like my temples are receding... I used to be able to brush my bangs up and they'd stay....I'm wondering if my haircut is effecting this and it's not hairloss but also my dad was bald at my age so I'm terrified. I'd rather be proactive active but this is really effecting my self image.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thabk you for your input Tommy ....I know I'm scared but I'm just losing my mind. Anytime I see hair she'd I think I'm not as full as I used to be....maybe because my barber hasn't been cutting my bangs for the slicked back style so it makes those hairs longer and easier to feel like my temples are receding... I used to be able to brush my bangs up and they'd stay....I'm wondering if my haircut is effecting this and it's not hairloss but also my dad was bald at my age so I'm terrified. I'd rather be proactive active but this is really effecting my self image.

Nah man I don’t see any hair loss at all. For safety after your next shower with your hair wet and slicked back take a side picture of each temple and then a picture of your crown, best way to detect mild thinning

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah man I don’t see any hair loss at all. For safety after your next shower with your hair wet and slicked back take a side picture of each temple and then a picture of your crown, best way to detect mild thinning
Ok I will.....and I'll post pics once I do.

ljb118

Reaction score
Don't sweat it, your hairline honestly looks perfect. I don't even see one but a mature hairline is expected by 32. Agree that we need to see crown, top and temples when wet.

And just to reiterate: you really don't want to be jumping on finasteride unless you need to.

abcdefg

Reaction score
A derm told me you need to lose 50 percent or more of your hair before its noticeable to others. I think that is pretty much true so pictures cant show us loss of density unless you lost A LOT of hair already. so its possible you have lost some hair already.
That being said I see zero hair loss from the pictures or any recession at all. Your hair looks perfect pretty good for being 32. I also agree with them you want to be SURE its male pattern baldness before you get on any life long drugs. Its opinion, but personally I would wait until I see an actual bald spot or visible thinning first. Id take some male pattern baldness before I took drugs I didnt need.

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A derm told me you need to lose 50 percent or more of your hair before its noticeable to others. I think that is pretty much true so pictures cant show us loss of density unless you lost A LOT of hair already. so its possible you have lost some hair already.
That being said I see zero hair loss from the pictures or any recession at all. Your hair looks perfect pretty good for being 32. I also agree with them you want to be SURE its male pattern baldness before you get on any life long drugs. Its opinion, but personally I would wait until I see an actual bald spot or visible thinning first. Id take some male pattern baldness before I took drugs I didnt need.
Thank you.... read that during my research over the past few years....I've never kept my hair this long and obviously short even hair seems to look denser. I'm thinking since my top is long and my sides a bit shorter it's giving an illusion that I'm only seeing and feeling ...when I get it cut short I don't worry so much....and I def don't want to take drugs I don't need but I just want peace of mind....BTW I did just get my shipping notification for finasteride too ...so guess at least I have it in hand. Going to be tough not taking it when I get in one of my moods but I'll keep monitoring it and I think I'mma get a haircut Thursday and get the top shortened.thank you abcdefg.

Last edited:

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you are good due. Take the same pics every 3-6 months to keep an eye on it.

If you truly can’t have peace of mind (I’ve been there lol) find a hair transplant doctor in the area who can do a hair microscopy exam