Gorpy's before and after

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
I had 2700 grafts with Dr. Keene in Tucson. The second picture is 8.5 months later.

Sorry, my original links didn't work. See my post below.

Midiman

Reaction score
Gorpy,

Thanks for sharing but I'm receiving this error when I click on the link.

"Error: 401 Authorization required"

Jon

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that:

OK, I'm finally figuring out how to post images:

Before

pre.jpg

After

8.5.jpg

jeffsss

Reaction score
it looks better.. i guess i was expecting more out of 2700..?

do you have a pic further away?!

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
I can understand that. Expectations need to be realistic. That is why so many people are dissapointed. 2700 sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. Keep in mind that this is only 30 fu's per sq/cm covering 90 sq/cm. You won't get a dense look out of that. I posted this to show realistically what you can expect from 30 per. Many of the pictures you see are also hand picked by the Drs. of patients who had great hair characteristics.

Midiman

Reaction score
Well it definitely looks thicker... and the hairline is great. Did any of those 2700 get dispersed through your crown, or was it frontal only?

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
No crown. It all went into basically the front half of my head. I am pleased that it looks very natural. I could probably use another 15 to 20 grafts per cm2, but I'm in no hurry to do that. If you look closely you can see that my hairline was brought down some. It frames my face much better.

G

Gorpy,

Is there any way you can show the entire recipient area without having to show your facial features if you want to keep your anomynity?

It would be cool if we could see the complete picture. Congrats. :wink:

michael barry

Reaction score
good work, represenative of what to expect.

Gorpy, can you show a "over the head" shot of the "after" in good light also? Like to see. The Doctor looks like he faded it front to back pretty damn well.

CCS

Reaction score
that redness probably disappeared in 2 months

My scalp was a little pink for about an month or two. I dont' remember which. All the effects are transient.

Your hairs are pretty thin (hair diameter). Mine looked a lot thinker with 30/cm2 because I have course hair. I was said when Dr Keene told me I had 90 follicular units/cm2 in the donor area. I know guys who have 200, and the average is about 100. I was surprised that she said my area is thick, after hearing this fact. Now I know it is because I have thick hair diameters. that means I get more for my money when I get transplants. :)

Sorry yours does not cover as well, but it still looks good. Most guys with white hairs have them far apart, so you are now back in the average.