gooner's story - update (10 weeks today)

gooner

Reaction score
bababa said:
what... 2 months aint gonna show squat, or very little. You must understand that anything you take for your hair will take a minimum (!!!) of 2 months to show. All hairs a preprogramed 2-3 months before they actually fall out. That means that a hair that falls out today was actually told 2-3 months ago to do it. That comes straight from my Dermo. As I said before, any major noticable changes will take place after the 8 month mark. finasteride has gotta lower the DHT in your hair before they can start growing back, and that takes months.

Keep it up. When I was at the 3/4 month mark, my hair had thinned out a fair bit along the whole front. But now at nearly the 8 month mark its starting to thicken up alot, even at my temples where there is still hair. Alas, I still haven't had any regrowth where my old hairline was, but who knows what the next 6 months will bring.

Chin up... Peace...

i never once said i was expecting to see anything at 2 months... i'm in it for the long game...

gooner

Reaction score
Re: gooner's story - update 16 month update with pics

not been on here for a while, so here are my 16month update pics

wet with flash
16wetflash.jpg

wet without flash
16wet.jpg

dry without flash
16dry.jpg

i have been letting my hair grow for about the past 8 months, but since seeing the pics i took this morning, i decided to shave it quite short again as it dont look as bad.

both without flash
16shaved2.jpg

16shaved.jpg

as u can see, there isn't much change from my first pics, i feel there has been some slight growth at the temples, but this area was never a problem to me, its alwys been my crown area...

i'm still only on msn, finasteride and nizoral... although i feel the finasteride isn't working as well as it was, as i've been shedding quite bad for the past 10 months or so, since recieved a new batch of pills...

any comments apreciated

gooner

Reaction score
Re: gooner's story - update nearly 4 years

i just thought id pop back and update my story. ive not been on here for ages. i used to be like a lot of others, checking on here everyday, but i think its better not to. you get to a point where your hair consumes you. yes ive still had battles with my hair, still looked in a mirror and though ''s**t'', but letting it be the most important thing in your life isnt healthy.

anyway, ive been taking finasteride for nearly 4 years, and for the first year or two, i was really happy with it, really happy with the results and i even let my hair grow longer. i still had a thin patch up top that was thinner, but not many people noticed this. i tend to remember that up to a certain point, everything seemed great, but at one point i recived another batch of pills, it seemed down hill aftert that.

my hair honnestly stopped bothering me. for 2 out of the 4 years i'd say it wasnt noticable, then it started showing a bit, so i cut it shorter. then over the past year ive had to cut it shorter again and i'm back to a grade 1. 4 years in, its as if the finasteride no longer works. i'd say my hair, even though i still have hair all over my head, i'm kinda back to where i started.

i'm going to try minoxidil, but i'm not sure how much it will do. i still wash my hair with nizoral, and alpicin, and i take msn caps.

maybe ive become imune to the finasteride, but at least i dragged it out a bit, and rather that being this bad at 23, ive halted it until nearly 28.

i'm still gonna try, and if anyone has any suggestions, feel free, but all am saying is as bad as it sometimes feels, there still is more to life that worrying about ur hair every second of every day...