GoodGuy's Story

G

Hello guys :)

I am 25 years old. Started losing my hair when I was 18 years old, in 1998.

Once I started noticing my hair loss, I went to 3 different dermatologists. They gave me different products, lotions (minoxidil 5%) and shampoos. But unfortunately, nothing worked. Of course I did blood analysis, everything was normal. All this happened within 1998 and 2001. So I had 3 years of straight hair loss.

In 2001, frustrated, I decided to try another thing, and this was shaving my head. I was totally convinced that at least it would stop my hairloss, till i could find a solution.

And so I did, and that stoped my hairloss. So, since then I shave my head twice per year. There are some months though, when I have my hair long, I continue losing hair.

In 2004 I found a shampoo that fixed one of my problems, I have a lot of grease and dandruff in my scalp, always had (the main cause of my hairloss, I think DHT generates this. None of my parents have/had hairloss problems), and tried lots and lots of shampoos before, no one worked. But finally this 101 worked. It's worth it every peny. I think it's chinese. The same year I ordered other products of 101, like fabao 101d and fabao 101G. I haven't had good results with 101G, but 101D showed some results after 3 weeks of using it, however, no great results, that's why I would like to try other products. The only bad part, is that every time I apply it, my hair looks dirty. But I guess this happens with every lotion.

And another thing I don't like about these lotions, is that it's really hard to apply when we have our hair long. I always shaved my head and then started applying it 1 week later. If I have my hair long and I apply it, a lot of hair stay in my hands, after the massage. And I really hate this!

Now I would like to find another solution, rather than shaving my head, a solution to stop my hair loss and stimulate it and make it grow again, maybe something better than fabao 101.

Also, 1 week ago, I bought Procerin, from the same online shop where I bought the shampoo and the lotion. (I am outside US)
Started drinking it today, any suggestions? I bought this one, because I have read that it has not secondary effects, like others.

Also, I have read some posts here, and see that a lot of guys here use Propecia, and something called finasteride ? What is finasteride? Does it really work? And what about Propecia? Do they have any secondary effects?

Please, I would like to have some advices, on what I could try.

Of course I will keep using the 101 shampoo, that is the only thing that really worked like I expected.

How do you call it when you lose your hair due of dandruff, grease, DHT, etc. Male Pattern Baldness (male pattern baldness)?

I hope you understand my words, since my english is not the best :(

Greetings.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy, here are some links that you should read to educate yourself about hairloss and the products available (see below). Sorry, but I can't answer your question pertaining to Procerin. But I will say that most people recommend what is called the "big3." This is finasteride (Propecia/Proscar), minoxidil (Rogaine), and Nizoral (shampoo). They tackle hairloss in different ways which would probably give you biggest chance of success. Of course, there are many natural supplements available, but there isn't much evidence that they work. Just be sure to educate yourself about the possible side effects of proven and natural treatments (Use the search feature of this site. You will find the most common side effects very quickly).

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/men/index.htm
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_loss_research/