Good national health care possible?

ali777

Reaction score
Starseed said:
It sounds too much like the madness of the British system ( anyone can come here, and everyone gets free everything! ) to be American. I's SURE I read that I need some years of contribution before receiving anything.

That's not true... A non-EU citizen must be a holder of at least 6 months visa to qualify for free NHS treatment. In other words, they are either students or on a work-permit. In other words, they contribute in tuition fees or taxes....

All other foreigners must pay the cost of the treatment. It was in the news recently that the NHS has failed to collect some of the fees owed by foreign nationals. Basically, it's not free, but some foreigners leave the country without paying. Maybe you should charge up front???

Asylum seekers are a gray area. I believe they used to get things for free, but with all the anti-immigration publicity in the last 10 years their rights have been heavily reduced.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
You mean I have to pay for a hair transplant if I travel to Europe to get one?! :( :hump:

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
If the risk vs. reward for working as an illegal in the US didn't add up, no one would be here. Obviously, 20-30 million to the south think it is worth it. If you want your healthcare controlled by a institution 8 trillion in debt, you need help. Today.

Comparing illegal immigrants to slavery in any way, shape, or form is insensitive and foolish.