good hairstyle, direction or hair to hide the hairline

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zero difference, it’s not real hair. Calling it a hair system doesn’t make it any more tolerable for some people.

No, a wig and hair system are NOT the same thing. Educate yourself:

Marooned

My Regimen
Reaction score
the system in that hair4all video, is pretty rough IMO. Red flag when the person selling you the product doesn't even look good. Sort of a gradient, from grey to brown to blond highlights.

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no problem with people calling it a wig but my understanding was always wig = full cap (usually worn by women) and hair system = toupee (for men 99% of the time).

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll accept "a hair system is not the same thing as a wig because it's a toupee, a wig is a full cap" - which is basically what @Hair2019's link is saying.

Although they also call it an "advanced technology", which, i mean, BARF

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Zero difference, it’s not real hair. Calling it a hair system doesn’t make it any more tolerable for some people.
It's the least we can do to lessen the stigma. The word needs to change definitely. A common method that has worked wonders in the past.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Though, still, I'm kind of autistic myself. What does "system" even mean and in this context? What's a hair SYSTEM?

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"It's not a wig, it's a *hair system*!!"
love it!!

The word needs to change definitely.

Come up with something less obnoxious and ridiculous than "hair system" imo, if you really must.

I didn't realize Hair2019 posted two separate links re: this. The first one is essentially differentiating between a hair system and a wig on the grounds that a hair system is actually a toupee, but the article is thoroughly spin doctored and avoids using the word "toupee"

The second one claims that a "wig" is really meant for theatrical use and short term attachments only, never to be bonded to the scalp. Whereas a "hair system" is a semipermanent prosthesis. This is utter bullshit, btw. While there are indeed wigs designed for theatrical use, and wigs designed to be worn more or less like hats, there are certainly also prosthetic wigs which are bonded to the scalp with adhesive. And the "wigs" worn by Hollywood actors in films are exactly the same as your "hair system" in terms of their material and construction. The difference, if anything, is the adhesive used.

Then they repeat the old "not your grandfather's toupee" bit while also sort-of-acknowledging that yep, it's a toupee LOL.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll accept "a hair system is not the same thing as a wig because it's a toupee, a wig is a full cap" - which is basically what @Hair2019's link is saying.

Although they also call it an "advanced technology", which, i mean, BARF
This is why they say ignorance is bliss....
@Hair2019

A hair system is not a covering, for the head, made of hair.... to conceal baldness?

Education:

Step 1. Know the definition, of words you use...

hair system is a synonym of wig...toupee, rug, piece... all used interchangeably.. to describe the same thing....
Hair system is the modern name....hoping to sound more appealing...to those with a fragile ....easily impressionable ego...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-133602_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-133602_Chrome.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20220404-134400_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-134400_Chrome.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Marooned

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure, language is important. I think that hair system is just a rebrand of toupee, even if the application methods have changed over the years. it's easier to sell a hair system, there's no stigma around this name

people always change the wording of things to suit their own agenda. like jada smith trying to gain our sympathy with her 'alopecia' condition. I prefer to keep it simple and call it what it is, SHE'S BALD. society makes fun of BALD people. equal rights for all

Last edited: