Good haircuts for baldies? (seven words)

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like everyone here, I'm balding and I'm trying to figure out what the hell to do haircut-wise, so for inspiration, what are some good examples of balding guys with good haircuts? If you can think of a good example, post a picture, regardless of norwood level.

Here's my example. I was surprised by how decent long hair looks with slight recession.
25-terence-stamp-johnny-dewe-matthews.jpg

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had long hair with my balding, generally people welcomed my head shaving as they thought of my hair as horrible haircut. My gf even wondered back then if I am severely autistic (I am autistic, but it's not that severe lol) and thought I am a psycho lmao. Now when I shaved, people treat me more seriously.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Usually when you look for balding or thinning haircuts you see guys who have hair with a style that a baldy couldn't pull off. For you it's the Larry David or Dwayne Johnson.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In particular I like what Christopher Nolan does with his hair. He has quite a bit of recession on the temples, but still some hair in the middle and he grows the middle prat out and then parts it to the side, covering one of the receded temples. I think it looks really good, so if anyone knows of examples of other guys with this level of recession who have the same haircut, I'd love to see how it looks on other people.
91E1AB20-1559-4464-928C-EE63C29E5991.jpg

whatintheworld

Reaction score
In particular I like what Christopher Nolan does with his hair. He has quite a bit of recession on the temples, but still some hair in the middle and he grows the middle prat out and then parts it to the side, covering one of the receded temples. I think it looks really good, so if anyone knows of examples of other guys with this level of recession who have the same haircut, I'd love to see how it looks on other people.
View attachment 179974
Damn his head looks huge there, better to just buzz if off at that stage imo.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 179974
His hair is pretty thick so it looks alright.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
If you are bored of the Dwayne Johnson or Jason Statham and don't want to go with the basic Larry David, I like the samurai cut. The point with this one is that you don't keep any minituarized stubble hairs in the NW6 area but shave them down completely.

Kagemusha-1980.jpg

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are bored of the Dwayne Johnson or Jason Statham and don't want to go with the basic Larry David, I like the samurai cut. The point with this one is that you don't keep any minituarized stubble hairs in the NW6 area but shave them down completely.

View attachment 180087
I saw the opposite the other day, a guy who had shaved the horseshoe completely but left the miniaturized hair on top lol

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw the opposite the other day, a guy who had shaved the horseshoe completely but left the miniaturized hair on top lol
Many people do sh*t like that, trying to decieve others HEY I AM NOT THINNING! The problem is, you usually fool no one lol. It's better to shave it all off at this point

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people do sh*t like that, trying to decieve others HEY I AM NOT THINNING! The problem is, you usually fool no one lol. It's better to shave it all off at this point
It was literally just peach fuzz on top of that, not the standard thinning hair lol

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're receding at the temples and thinning at the top I would suggest getting a fade because it will hide the temporal recession and give an illusion of density at the front. Otherwise if you want to hide your hairline and have good density you can style your hair in a faux-hawk or with a fringe (Caesar haircut)