Good hair system salons in the NYC/NJ area?

luckycatch

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a newbie trying to get into wearing hair systems and I wanted to have it done professionally for at least the first time. I'll be trying to do maintenance myself and eventually everything myself, but I need some help in the beginning, so preferably someone who's willing to help or give advice to those eventually trying to transition to self-maintenance. I've tried doing some research but every place I found seems a bit gimmicky. Does anyone know any good places in the area? I'm willing to drive around an hour-ish if needed.

Also, does anyone know anything or have experience with phildoeshair? Was looking at him but wasn't entirely sure.

Thanks for any help!

mny

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another newbie from NYC here - would appreciate any tips you guys can share.

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been to a couple different, and paid different prices.

The place I go to now is called New Hair Concepts, it’s in New Milford, NJ. My girl Sandy crushes the cut which to me is like 90 percent of the battle. I pay 180 per cut with her. My place in NYC (Sly Hair Co) was charging me 500 per cut + 500 per piece (it’s now 700 for the piece lol). Full disclosure, I have not tried a system from Sandy yet - she’s cut in 2 from NWL for me and 2 from SHC. I’m probably going to try her piece for my next cut in.

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
Phil does hair looks great as well. I thought about going to him but his pieces were expensive. Although for just the cut in, (if you get your pieces online) I think it was only 80 bucks — not with him , but with his other stylist.

luckycatch

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been to a couple different, and paid different prices.

The place I go to now is called New Hair Concepts, it’s in New Milford, NJ. My girl Sandy crushes the cut which to me is like 90 percent of the battle. I pay 180 per cut with her. My place in NYC (Sly Hair Co) was charging me 500 per cut + 500 per piece (it’s now 700 for the piece lol). Full disclosure, I have not tried a system from Sandy yet - she’s cut in 2 from NWL for me and 2 from SHC. I’m probably going to try her piece for my next cut in.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how much Sandy charges for a system + cut in? The full package basically.

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not positive but I think around 600 total. If you buy a system from her she cuts it in for free, but I believe she said she doesn’t bond it — that costs extra. So she basically will use 1 or 2 pieces of tape to place it on your head, cut it, and then it’s in your hands, unless you want to pay to have it bonded which if I recall correctly is about 80 dollars extra.

She said that her poly systems on average lasts 3-8 months — which sounds like a pretty good timeline and about what I get out of my SHC skins. The cheaper UTS that I got online has been shedding like crazy compared to what I’d usually get. I have one more system from SHC I will have her cut in next time but after that I am going to try one of her systems myself

luckycatch

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not positive but I think around 600 total. If you buy a system from her she cuts it in for free, but I believe she said she doesn’t bond it — that costs extra. So she basically will use 1 or 2 pieces of tape to place it on your head, cut it, and then it’s in your hands, unless you want to pay to have it bonded which if I recall correctly is about 80 dollars extra.

She said that her poly systems on average lasts 3-8 months — which sounds like a pretty good timeline and about what I get out of my SHC skins. The cheaper UTS that I got online has been shedding like crazy compared to what I’d usually get. I have one more system from SHC I will have her cut in next time but after that I am going to try one of her systems myself

Thank you! Seems pretty reasonable. I might do a bit more research and then contact her. Still looking at a few places in NYC too.

yestotress

My Regimen
Reaction score
Super informative - thank you for starting this thread luckythread and for your suggestions new2this. Would y'all have recommendations for the Philly area?

Lushlocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah - would really appreciate the list of NYC locations that use the Hairskeen system. Thank you!