good hair spray for toppik?

fightDHT

Reaction score
hi guys...just got my first toppik bottle....but i still dont have any hair spray...
can you guys please tell me some good sprays that work well for toppik fibres....i heard that any generic hair spray will work...but also heard that it SHOULD have alcohol to hold the fibres...can you please name a few brands that worked for you //...do i just go and buy it from walmart or something?...

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
i used the hair spray in those big metal cans, like the ones people with big hair used in the 80s. it seemed to work just fine. the less liquidy they are, the better.

some warnings about toppik
if you are a heavy sweater when you work out or just normally, the toppik does make the sweat turn a different color

it will come out in pools, showers, rain...get a good umbrella!

it works really well on the crown, but can look a little suspect in the front, depending on how thin you are.

but overall it is a GREAT product, i used it for 3 or 4 years until i buzzed my head. make sure you start finasteride in order to keep what you have, because if you dont, the toppik will become more and more noticeable. then, you will have to make a decison to either try and keep up with the lie even though it looks more and more noticeable, or buzz your head. then people will be like...uhh didnt he have hair yesterday?

luckily, i just moved to a different country, so i buzzed my head and nobody knows. when i go back home, ill just say i went bald FAST in a year. if you get in finasteride, you could pull off the toppik lie for years to come...that was my mistake, i just got on it 3 months ago.

good luck!

fightDHT said:
hi guys...just got my first toppik bottle....but i still dont have any hair spray...
can you guys please tell me some good sprays that work well for toppik fibres....i heard that any generic hair spray will work...but also heard that it SHOULD have alcohol to hold the fibres...can you please name a few brands that worked for you //...do i just go and buy it from walmart or something?...

tt1103

Reaction score
I use Consort Unscented Extra Hold...found it at walgreens. Been using Topik for more than a year. I havent had the sweating problems others have described and I go to the gwym and play soccer. This hairspray is light yet gives a good hold...as I said Ive had no problems since using this combo for over a year no

ShedMaster

Reaction score
The hairspray really doesn't make much difference in my opinion. I've used tons of them when I use toppik and its not a big difference.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Toppik brand hair spray is just a gimmick. Its just regular hairspray. I know because ive used it. You can even make your own toppik out of your own hair shavings or even beard stubble that works just as good as toppik. Then you just apply regular cheap hairspray to hold it in place. :agree:

johngreek

Reaction score
if you have a sensitive scalp skin , prone to seborrhea , pimples , dandruff etc i suggest you use an alcohol free hairspray such as Image Zero Proof.

youngrapperthinin'

Reaction score
Toppik FiberHold Spray is a fine mist specifically developed to increase the bond between Toppik Fibers and thinning hairs. Unlike ordinary hair sprays, this formula uses sophisticated alpha grade resins to join thinner hair and Toppik fibers naturally and durably.

Pro Vitamin B5 and naturally derived ingredients soften and condition both hair and Fibers optimally for a completely natural appearance. pH balanced to 5.5 for optimum results with Toppik Hair Building Fibers. You may even brush after drying for a softer style with ample fiber-holding power.