Good and Bad Results! Please help

Thomaseg1975

Reaction score
Heres my story..About 2 years ago I started proecia. Didnt see too much change in the first 3 months, then in month 4, I shed like crazu for about 4 months...Hair just falling out everywhere! Rode through it, and about month 9, I started to see some real results. I added minoxidil about month 7 and maybe that was the cause. Unfortunately got in a bad car accident and had to stop taking propecia all together. WHAT A MISTAKE! My hair got reaaaaly bad in a couple months..Worse than when I ever started.. Tried to get on propecia again and I got this horrible nut pain when I took it..I never felt it beofre but it was there now. I only lasted 2 months on it because my nut was so sensitive. My hair was just getting worse and worse...2 more months down the road I decided I had to do something..So I shaved my head, but minoxidil and got some finepeica (generic stuff)..Something amazing happened. My hair in 3 months improved so much it was amazing. Talking to people here said it was most likely the consisitent use of the minoxidil and not the finepecia. I had to beleive that because I had never been so consistent with miox before. My dilemma is I dont think Im responding to the finepicia. Its been 6 months now on it and have no nut pain and NO SHED!..When I was on propecia, I had a constant shed for 4 months.. Maybe the generic stuff just isnt working..Maybe the constant use of minoxidil is really coming through.. Right now im actually maintaining ok..Not shedding one bit or losng! I just cant seem to gain ground like I did on propecia on month 9..Who knows at this point. Should I get back on regular propecia?..Please help if anyone has some answers

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that you should just stay on Finpecia. You are holding your ground for now but perhaps give it some more time and you will start seeing regrowth. Finpecia works just as well as propecia does and the fact that you dont have nut pain or shedding now is a good thing.