gonna get some rogaine foam

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had diffuse unpatterned alopecia for about 5 years and i've tryed propecia for 8 months with no sucess, which is no surprise as the tricologists doubt it is caused by dht, my mother also has it but thinner hair, i can tell you that i have a more or less full head of thin hair. so i was thinking of giving it a go

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
If you want the best chance of success I would suggest you use the 5% Rogaine liquid, in clinical trials it by far surpassed the foam. Read for yourself

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46942

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
stjimmy said:
gjp2222 said:
If you want the best chance of success I would suggest you use the 5% Rogaine liquid, in clinical trials it by far surpassed the foam. Read for yourself

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46942

but people say that vice-versa

Anectdotal evidence is not worth too much, plenty of paid posters on the web pushing products. You can use anything you want, but the best chance of success would be by using the liquid.

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
you really think on this forum there is people working for rogaine trying to give it a good name?

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
stjimmy said:
you really think on this forum there is people working for rogaine trying to give it a good name?

YOU REALLY THINK THERE AREN'T???

Go ahead, use the foam. After a year then switch as so many have, when results are less than you had hoped for.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you can tolerate the liquid, use that as it is very cheap and effective.

Unfortunately, it gave me what looked like severe dandruff. The foam never gave me any problems whatsoever.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
stjimmy said:

I highly suspect the hairlosshelp.com forum is paid by Rogaine foam. No matter what I said, the moderator derailed the topic by saying, "Why don't you just use a cheap topical foam that's proven effective, rather than unproven ones?"

I'm sorry, but I see that as blatant advertising, whether he intended to or not. So much for being subtle. And, it could only be an ad for Rogaine, as their patent for the foam will not expire until 2010.

robmartin

Reaction score
stampede said:
If you can tolerate the liquid, use that as it is very cheap and effective.

Unfortunately, it gave me what looked like severe dandruff. The foam never gave me any problems whatsoever.

I'm with stampede. I was on the liqud for several months and it was giving me a very itchy scalp and severe dandruff-like residue. The liquid drys and creates a very greasy buildup on your scalp. Not to mention the complete pain of applying (it runs down your head and gets all over the place). Foam is easy to apply, drys in two minutes, and leaves no residue or itch. That makes it worthwhile to me. As for effectiveness, the jury is still out.

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score
Or if you have the money to do it, just use the foam in the morning and the liquid at night...

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, and if you go to rogainefoam.com you can get a $15 off coupon for a 3 month supply of the foam. That would give you a 3 month supply for $35.....