Gonna change my Cipla Finpecia

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else taking this? I started it since Peadpoddy(?) and his amazing results whilst using this finasteride, but tbh, it's been 13 months and i've seen no regrowth or halt. I couldn't say if it had slowed.

does anyone else take this stuff but doesn't use minoxidil? I wonder if it's the tablets or my susceptibility to hairloss. I think i'm going to switch to branded Merck proscar and cut it into quarters and take 1.25mg. Anyone recommend which Proscar to take as there's a normal one and an ITL one??

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You won't get branded online. I take Finpecia, after my 3 month supply runs out I'm going to a walk-in clinic to get a prescription, I e-mailed one close to me and I told them that I was buying finasteride online and that I would like to get it from a legit source as I was worried about buying drugs online (Im not really, just said it to them, lol), once I mentioned I was buying online they said they'd have no problem giving me a script.

Moral of the story, go to a walk in clinic and tell them you buy online, they'll the def give a script.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks quantum cat.
I've bought from that linked site two years ago,- great service and fast delivery BUT then they got greedy and put a high mark up price. so i decided to save some pills to compare it to some bought from an online company- and i have to say that they were both exactly the same! packaging, pill weight and consistency.
i would say to people using finpecia not to worry, they're good finasteride and many people are using them. trust me i too have had doubts about them but this is just paranoia.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
thanks quantum cat.
I've bought from that linked site two years ago,- great service and fast delivery BUT then they got greedy and put a high mark up price. so i decided to save some pills to compare it to some bought from an online company- and i have to say that they were both exactly the same! packaging, pill weight and consistency.
i would say to people using finpecia not to worry, they're good finasteride and many people are using them. trust me i too have had doubts about them but this is just paranoia.

yeah they did put their prices up, but still cheaper than buying Propecia. was the other online company cheaper than than ukfinasterideinfo?

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah they did put their prices up, but still cheaper than buying Propecia. was the other online company cheaper than than ukfinasterideinfo?
i think the total saving was like over £100 when i got my year supply 6 months ago compared to ukfinestaride.
i know what you mean compared to propecia which is very dear. but when you factor in all the other hair loss treatments i use (which amounts to a small fortune per year)then every little counts. lol

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks quantum cat.

Oh, Finpecia is legit, I've success with it, but I'm going through a terrible shed atm, just for people looking for Merck Proscar 5mg, it's very hard to get online, or so I thought, a lot of GP's, including mine, laugh off hairloss and prescribing finasteride, maybe because he's the family doctor? Or he gets audited? Or he hasn't got the authority to prescribe finasteride 5mg off label? Or he's just a p.rick?

Find a walk in clinic that has a dermatologist working, e-mail them, tell them your story, like I mentioned above, you buy online, you're worried about the quality, yada yada bull****, and I guarantee they will respond with a positive answer.

It worked for me, whenever I want a script, all I have to do is go there and they'll sort me out. It also helps that you can get your drugs then and there and not have to worry about customs seizing them etc.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
^ different GPs can vary in their knowledge of finasteride/male pattern baldness and whether they're willing to prescribe. Mine had no problem writing a private prescrip for generic 5mg, after I told him I had been taking it for years. As I mentioned elsewhere, I was shocked at how cheap it was when I got to the pharmacy

don't be put off by ignorant or unhelpful GPs. ask to see a different one if possible

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
I started off by buying my Finpecia from Inhouse Pharmacy, i know a lot of people use them without problems.

However, since around April time I've been using Fincover, my nan & grandad got it me when they went to India.

A family friend went to the same doctor they did and after 6 months, along with his minoxidil the dr gave him, he grew loads of his hair back, so i doubt the efficiency of this Fincover can be doubted either.

IrishFella, branded Propecia is easy to buy. Inhouse Pharamcy again is somewhere where I could buy it. Only problem is that it's expensive. I suppose compared to generic finasteride, even though Cipla is meant to be a good brand of finasteride, the proscar is still pricey - £50 for 4 months compared to the £15 i'd be paying with Cipla Fincar.

I may actually go down the GP route.

this thread was more of a case of me worrying my finasteride wasn't doing much and wondering if it was worth me jumping up to 1.25mg. i want to do that anyway, i don't know how beneficial it would be, i'm sure i've read threads on here in the past of the difference in DHT levels between 1mg and 1.25mg but can't really remember what people were saying.

- - - Updated - - -

by the way, any of you in the UK who have gotten a prescription for it, private or not, which brand of finasteride did you get given?