Going To Start Minoxidil, I Need Advice.

youngforster

Reaction score
Hello, I am 19.5 years old and I am experiencing hairloss. I think about getting the kirkland foam to slow my balding. I've tried propecia once and well I didn't like it at all. Pain in the testicles weak erections the first symptom lasted for 3-4 weeks. I don't want to risk my penis, and I've been doing penis exercises and I had some good gains so not gonna lose that for some more follicles. I want to maintain or slighlty improve my hair for 2-3 more years, my hairloss is really slow, father is nw4 at the age of 54 and been this way with a bit more thickness since 32. Also he had lost most of his hair at my age due to stress he says. Do you think minoxidil alone is a viable plan for maintaining hair for 2-3 more years? After that I may consider some cosmetic options if I feel I had to because then I will be making my own income.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, Kirkland foam is sh*t. I used about 10 minoxidil types of liquids foams creams and different strenght.

Anything above 5% strenght is useless
Liquid is the BEST Option.
Folligain D5 - i would rate 9/10 if you want low alcohol formula take Folligain N5
Used Three/twice/once daily. - Once daily is enough

You can expect ultra gains if your area arent fully bald
moderate/decent regrowth probably will happen in 90% if you're in early stages
But without antiandrogens you will lost all your gains within 2 years.

I lost 60% gains after one year regrowing from NW2.5 to NW1
But i wasnt on finasteride so gains dissapeared quickly

I wish i started finasteride earlier. I would be NW1 for sure :)

youngforster

Reaction score
Hello, Kirkland foam is sh*t. I used about 10 minoxidil types of liquids foams creams and different strenght.

Folligain D5 - i would rate 9/10 if you want low alcohol formula take Folligain N5

Well I am norwood 1 and most people don't notice my hair quality is down but for me it is noticable. I can see hair 0.5 cm lower than my hairline just be there, where hairline used to be. As far as anti-androgens I know they work but when I tried them body felt weird, so I don't think I will bother taking them. If it works for you then you are lucky :D

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I am norwood 1 and most people don't notice my hair quality is down but for me it is noticable. I can see hair 0.5 cm lower than my hairline just be there, where hairline used to be. As far as anti-androgens I know they work but when I tried them body felt weird, so I don't think I will bother taking them. If it works for you then you are lucky :D

It's funny. Friends compliment my hair but try have terrible hair loss. I think my younger friends noticed mine but say nothing. I am nervous the use of Rogaine will cause shedding to start viciously. Like, not even an undercut can mask :(

I fear using it and not using it. Like, if I don't maybe I could prolong the inevitable.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you, mainly concerned with my hair texture changing. Have you taking that into consideration?

Honestly, I was in denial going back to when I first started the account. Years ago. Now, I have areas of thinner hair. I always said that I would shave it if the inevitable was to happen. I am thinking of going shorter, undercut, leaving length on top. Contemplating growing it out.

Sadly, I kept thinking my barber was doing poor job. It's not the barber. I had it really short last time. My date went well when I didn't care or approached it without any attachments. The sec I was invested in my hair and even slightly vulnerable, the date went to sh*t. Funny, I am more interested in my hair than I am about that particular one girl.

So, I feel dammed. Dammed if I start and dammed if I don't. It was inevitable. For me, it was Accutane. This life. The gift that keeps giving in the suffering dept.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Certainly hear you, I'm currently in hat prison since 17 & most of these guys would kill to have my current hair situation/ head shape. It feels as if all options are exhausted due to the adverse effects potentially there. My course of action is getting an Fue procedure to the temporal edges rather hairline, so that if I were to continue losing; it wouldn't be hard to correct.

Rogaine is not exactly cheap. I think it can help but, it may do more harm with shedding. I think it is a tough scenario. Dating is tricky never mind worrying about hair. I am thinking of trying it and seeing. I will probably buzz by forty and shave before fifty. Hopefully, I can undercut it between now and then. I am concerned about side effects. Like, could I undercut my hair without any overly obvious red skin or nasty appearance? This sucks.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Because you don’t need it. It’s the pity drug for large Norwood cases that want regrowth combined with Finasteride. It isn’t going to hold sh*t if you are to go bald. People who use it don’t even know why. They are mostly kids with OCD about temple recession. If you still want to use it don’t let me stop you. My advice isn’t compulsive.

Are you saying, it won't improve or help at all? I don't have money for a transplant. I am thinking space monkey buzz like fight club. For now, I am much better off then some people.

It sucks. Like, if I never took Accutane, I would have terrible skin, and be moon face. I took it and it switched on my male pattern baldness genes. I think it aged me too.

If I took steroids or hgh then, it be my own fault. If u had a relationship, it be easier to coop however, if I was dumped, I would be worst off then I am now. I know guys who took steroids and are experiencing loss. At this point, I think it would progress loss. Go figure.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you thinning through the top? If it's only at the hairline, try getting a mid fade with the top layered Then use Layrite products, and volumizers.

You should think about buzzing for the summer to see if you could pull of the look. If all fails, wear cap until hair begin to darken.

Supposedly, there is a Minoxidil that doesn't use alcohol as an ingredient. So this should minimize sides.

More like a Norwood 2/2.5 but, I notice thin hair at back and sides. I was in denial about it but, I am accepting it.

As superficial as dating is, the sec I acknowledge this, things went south. I am sort feeling off. I missed a girls phone call late. One girl I am fine with another its fizzled out.

I buzzed it many years ago. Girls like me better with hair. I thought about buzzing it. Like. I have had Mohawks and faux hawks undercuts, etc. The first one I did buzzing, it was shorter on top then it was on my hawk or undercut. I just would grow out facial hair. It accentuates features.

Atm, my head feels itchy. Like I am shedding and it's upsetting. I likely will go Joe Rogan by forty.

How has hair affected dating? A girl complimented me on the phone about my hair. It saddened me because I know what will happen. Trying to live it and enjoy until then.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Any reason to try liquid if you aren't getting gains from foam?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my case, liquid was super effective comparing to foam. My opinion. Everyone should try whats best for him but for me foam is sh*t.