Going To Start minoxidil, Dermarolling, Pumpkin Seed Oil...

donsf448

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 27 years old and a Norwood 2. I haven't started any sort of treatment. I'm ok at my crown but receding and thinning around the temples. The middle/front of my hair is fine.

I want to start doing minoxidil 2.5% twice a day and dermarolling with 1.5mm needles once a week. I'll also try taking pumpkin seed oil (200mg 2x a day).

Any advice? Has anyone tried a similar regimen with any success? I'm not really looking for incredible regrowth, I would be happy to just slow down my hairloss for 2-3 years.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered finasteride at all?

donsf448

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered finasteride at all?

Yeah. I'm already a hairy guy..half middle eastern background and I heard finasteride works well for my type. I just fear the sides around ED and brain fog. My career requires me to think/solve technical problems on a daily basis so I can't risk feeling foggy.

I was thinking about trying a minoxidil-only treatment for about 6-8 months. If that doesn't work and I lose ground then I'll start propecia.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since your regimen is listed, how is it working for you? Any regrowth? Sides?
More than regrowth, no more loss.
Only little / few sides. Semen quantity slightly reduced but sexual quality is intact.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm new to these forums, but I've gathered that dermaroller talk is prohibited. However, I'm wondering if I could ask a small general question, as I am considering starting DR'ing soon: have there been any studies or anecdotal evidence which demonstrate that regrowth can be achieved with dermarolling WITHOUT using minoxidil or another topical? From some of the stuff I've read, it would seem that the wound-healing pathway would be enough, but all the evidence I've seen includes minoxidil use. Thanks.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm new to these forums, but I've gathered that dermaroller talk is prohibited. However, I'm wondering if I could ask a small general question, as I am considering starting DR'ing soon: have there been any studies or anecdotal evidence which demonstrate that regrowth can be achieved with dermarolling WITHOUT using minoxidil or another topical? From some of the stuff I've read, it would seem that the wound-healing pathway would be enough, but all the evidence I've seen includes minoxidil use. Thanks.

Anyone? I think since I'm a new member, my posts don't make topics move to the "new posts" list, and I guess this sub-forum is not that trafficked.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone? I think since I'm a new member, my posts don't make topics move to the "new posts" list, and I guess this sub-forum is not that trafficked.
I didn't know dermarolling posts were prohibited? I've just stated doing it myself on sides and hairline as its receeding (began dermaroller last Monday). I read its more the blood flow that increases to the area which helps than the wound healing which would be more for scars or skin issues so I would suggest to use a shorter needle length nothing too long. I may be wrong though but its what I read from other posters...